Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - I'm afraid to damage the phone

• No - I don't need an extended battery for Droid 4

• Total voters

porcupineli

Reaction score
There is a Poll on facebook concerning the replacement of internal batteries on MOTO Droid 4 with extended batteries.
https://www.facebook.com/questions/10150688072127172/
Apparently Mugen is planning to produce extended batteries for internal battery phones as well, and supply an intrusion manual for users on how to open the phone and replace the internal battery.
What do you think??:blink:

R2D|2OID

Reaction score
YESSSSSS.. but I believe something will have to be hacked for the DROID4. If I recall correctly, removing the battery even once will cause the phone to reject the battery and refuse to charge.

MistaMean

Reaction score
Well it seems to me that if the Motorola RAZR has an option available now for an extended battery then most certainly it should be a viable option for the Droid 4. These phones are suppose to be similiar except for the size of the phone and resolution of the screen. I recall reading that a company has in production a Maxx battery for the RAZR. We all know that access to the battery is much easier with the Droid 4 which in my opinion makes it a perfect candidate for an extended battery.

Check out this article about the RAZR Maxx battery.
DROID RAZR to RAZR MAXX Conversion Kit Available for $110 on Pre-order, Features All Genuine Motorola Parts – Droid Life

Battery Swap? Motorola Droid 4:
Motorola Droid 4 XT894 Battery SNN5905A

iFixit tear down of the Motorola Droid 4:
Motorola Droid 4 Teardown - iFixit

komani86

Reaction score
Do not see an extended battery for droid4 on their website yet.. any news about it? cant seem to find any updates whether they are going to do this, would be awesome!

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
If there won't be a droid 5 anytime soon, please! I already have a new trent 12000 mAh batt pack, but I don't mind a mugen one.

gibson99

Reaction score
so did anything happen with this? i don't use fb and haven't found anything except an oem or oem-equivalent replacement battery so far. if they can make oe-equiv, then why not make a bigger one with a new door? or a different cover that happens to incorporate a big battery and uses the inductive contacts already in the phone, leaving the oe battery alone?

oh, and i DON'T want an external batt pack that i have to carry in addition to the phone and hav e to remember to charge daily. i'd be ok with a backpack style addon for the phone if i could charge it and the phone with one cable and no extra effort, but a simple large replacement battery inside the phone itself would be best. in fact i'd actually like it if the phone was thicker as a result.

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
Lol, exactly. Already have an Anker 5600 and NewTrent 12k.i don't mugen right right now.

gibson99

Reaction score

awesome find! here's the link on the mugen site if anyone is curious: Verizon Motorola Droid 4 - Motorola

same price (about 90usd), but ebay is free ship and mugen wants $18 to ship it to me via dhl 2 day.
mugen also notes that it won't ship till nov 29. ebay seller presumably has it in stock, in new york.
gonna have to wait till next paycheck but i'll definitely be getting one!

now the only problem will be finding a case, or modifying the one i have to make room for the new door. and hoping that it still fits in my car dock... and if not, the dock gets the dremel too!

sigh... it'll be so nice to no longer be chained to a charger!

Syko

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten one of these extended batteries & if so, how is it performing for you. I've been using it for about a month and am only getting slightly better than stock performance.

antonywan

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten one of these extended batteries & if so, how is it performing for you. I've been using it for about a month and am only getting slightly better than stock performance.

I think you need charge your battery overnight(6-8 hours), don't believe the indication of the firmware OR even power off the phone indication tells you 100% and show green light.

If you do that, even the original firmware tells you 0% and have a "warning" message once. the phone still continue to use 2-6 hours(depends LTE or not)
you feel "slightly better than stock performance" , I think the original firmware only indicate the 1st battery performance....

I read the instruction in the package:

"User manual

Recommend charging time : 5 - 7 Hours

The extended battery of Motorola Droid 4 has restricted by the device internal firmware setting that only can recognize the genuine battery's capacity. Therefore the battery indicator may be inaccurate.

When the battery indicator shows 4% just consume a half of power capacity.This is the normal status as MP extended battery has double runtime than original battery for this model."

I think all the problem come from the stupid firmware only recongized 1735mah.... when it over , it do wrong calculation, so 0% still can use another half performance. Otherwise, if nothing improve, I think you need to do exchange.

antonywan

Reaction score

I hope the coming 4.4 Kit-Kat firmware can correct this