Battery manager

kjg26

Reaction score
Is the built in power manager a decent program or is a program like power manager better suited for power management

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

dajogejr

Reaction score
To be honest, I think any battery savings you might get with an app will be negated by them constantly running in the background.

Reboot your phone every few days, turn off unneeded services/apps in the background (Settings\Applications\Running services) and use the phone.

It's not going to give you days of battery life...just gonna have to accept that. !!

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Is the built in power manager a decent program or is a program like power manager better suited for power management

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

If you haven't already done so, turn off your 4G if you aren't any where near a area receiving 4G speeds and you know that the area you live in won't be getting it anytime soon. Your 4G radio is constantly using your battery searching for a 4G signal by default and a lot of other people say there battery life is greatly improved when turning it off.

OP
K

kjg26

Reaction score
where is the 4g radio? can i just turn off the 4g radio. I am in a 4G area and would like to take advantage of the speeds. I used power manager on my previous Droid and it helped a lot. At least with the dimming of the screen and other stuff. Never checked whats its consumption was though.

Reaction score
I just installed Phone Info this afternoon. It lets you turn of 4G and run CDMA only. I'll see how much the battery life improves over the weekend. I can't see needing 4G most of the time.

ETA: Today (4/3) I am amazed at the difference in battery power by turning 4G off. I did a full charge overnight and I barely seen any change in the battery gauge after using it for email, uploading pics, etc.

Last edited: