Battery life

shahzaib10

Reaction score
I have jujce defender installed.and after the update used to Get through the whole day on single.chargr. Now even with wifi on, I drain about 15 percent in an hour...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

SallyC

Reaction score
I'm at 65% right now after about 10 hrs of fairly active use - video chat on Google talk, web surfing, email, comparing, installing/uninstalling and configuring some apps, as well as forum use. I also set JD Ultimate to leave my wifi on all the time today because I knew I was going to be back and forth on my phone a lot.

shahzaib10

Reaction score
I.now wat the problem is. My Android OS shot from 20 percents to 72 percent. How did this happen?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
For those of you getting over 10 hours in one charge...how much do you actually use your phone?

I find that I am charging my phone around 1:00 everyday and thats after it being on the charger all night. I did have some widgets running like a weather app that updates itself and this facebook photo app. Up until around 12 usuall I don't really use the phone except for some texting so I'm suprised that I don't get more out of my battery. I want to utilize a lot of features and apps that are at our disposal but I don't want to have to worry about my phone dieing when I want to play a game here and there.

I made a smart action for while im at work that turns off bluetooth, background sync, lowers brightness and ringer and it turns the wi-fi off. I couldn't think of any other actions that would help with battery life. It's also just not a big deal to plug my phone in. I'm at my desk most of the day but its just kinda the point that I feel like I should get a little more than I do.

I can tell you that things such as weather apps, facebook apps, and other "sync" apps all eat battery power. This may be the biggest part of your battery consumption.

The battery statistics and application statistics may show how much time the various applications and radios use, and also memory or cpu consumption, but they don't tell you actual MilliAmperes of power consumption. The battery only has so much to give, starting with a 100% fully charged and Brand New battery at 1,780mA, so even a short burst of high consumption by a radio may only look like a minor blip on the statistics, yet it may have taken a relatively huge chunk out of the remaining battery power.

Also, as I've said so many times before that SallyC is getting a headache... :blink:(LOL!), charging multiple times during the day, rather than one long charge followed by one long discharge will actually help extend your battery's life (total number of 100% cycles).

Since we all know the big power hogs on this phone are first and foremost, the display - and by that I mean higher brightness overall, and brighter colors over larger areas of the display, with a automatic brightness and full white background and text being nearly the biggest hog, and 100% brightness with full white background and text (think Google Search screen), being a literal pig, then followed by the radios - 4G first, then 3G, 1X, and lastly Cellular. From there, it's anybody's guess what takes up more real raw power, CPU, Memory, Vibrator (probably a lot comparatively but for very short bursts so not a lot cumulatively), but if you feel the phone getting warm, think "Hmmm, there goes energy converted to heat as a byproduct of what I am doing...or waste".

I did find one neat tool that can cut the consumption of the display if you spend time Googling...Black Google Mobile: Battery Saving Search -
www.bgoog.com. The site was built around a custom search using Google's servers, but instead of the energy-sucking white background and black text, and all the fancy bright colors and graphics, it operates from a black background and white text (far less power consumption on OLED displays), and the results of searches are also minimalist with regard to white areas and colors. The search results are the same, just not as pretty - but hey, if efficiency is what you're looking for in a Google search, this is it. Also, it's known that black on white background is harder on the eyes, so this also saves your retina! I'm now using it on my work desktop and I can tell you it's certainly easier on the eyes with that large display too!

I would love to see this entire concept rolled out by all the major website designers, so that when you enter their mobile site, it asks you..."OLED Display - Energy Green Mode Yes/No? Perhaps it will catch on, but we'll see. This might become a bigger issue as OLED displays start arriving on desktops, in which case it could migrate to the regular websites too.

;)

Last edited:

SallyC

Reaction score
Also, as I've said so many times before that SallyC is getting a headache... :blink:(LOL!), charging multiple times during the day, rather than one long charge followed by one long discharge will actually help extend your battery's life (total number of 100% cycles).

No, no! Preach it, FoxKat, preach it!

I am amazed that every day it seems I read a post where someone is stating with great authority that you need to drain and condition your battery as their cure for poor battery life.

In fact, if the forum gods ever get it working in Tapatalk, I intend to give you lots of "Like" for your educational posts. :cool:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
No, no! Preach it, FoxKat, preach it!

I am amazed that every day it seems I read a post where someone is stating with great authority that you need to drain and condition your battery as their cure for poor battery life.

In fact, if the forum gods ever get it working in Tapatalk, I intend to give you lots of "Like" for your educational posts. :cool:

Thank you, and I try...God knows, I try!

I am very careful to post only information I am quite sure of and that I can substantiate with third party references whenever possible. Otherwise, I'll preface with "I believe" or "I think" followed by request from others for further clarification/substantiation/correction when appropriate. In other words, I'm trying to be just like you!! ;)