2 problems with my razr

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by sydolla, Sep 22, 2012.

1. sydolla

sydolla New Member

Well I loved my RAZR but then an automatic system update came around. Now all the sudden YouTube will not work on my phone and also the battery life cut in half. I have tried everything I know of to get YouTube to work and nothing. Also downloaded juice defender for.the battery life and no improvement. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  2. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid New Member

Welcome to DroidForums sydolla! I am assuming this automatic update was the ICS update. How long have you had your Razr? You may have to do a factory data reset to get everything to work properly.

For YouTube, you can try uninstalling it then re-installing it, clear data, clear cache.

For battery, check to make sure it is not on global data. Go to settings --->more... (under data usage) ---> mobile networks ---> network mode ---> select LTE/CDMA.

Do a battery meter training:
    *with phone powered off, charge it to 100% (you can check the % of charge by pressing the volume button).
    *When it reaches, turn phone on, unplug, use your phone without charging it until it gets to the low battery warning (10-15% charge).
    *Turn phone off and charge it while off until it reaches 100% again.
    *Turn phone on and use it and charge it as you normally would.

In Smart Actions, enable battery extender. It will turn off Wi-Fi, data, and sync when your screen is off and automatically turn it all back on when you unlock your screen (Wi-Fi, data and sync use a lot of battery...no reason to have it running when you are not using your phone).

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
  3. VIIISecondRide

VIIISecondRide New Member

I just had a warranty exchange with my Razr and the new one came with the updated software, which does NOT support Flash 11. I had to download XScope browser, then download Flash. During the Flash download it asked me to accept apps not from Market, which I did. Now Flash works on both XScope browser and my stock browser. I just wonder if I could have just chosen to accept the out of Market apps and downloaded Flash without paying $2.99 for XScope :~
  4. jaye712

jaye712 New Member

Meter training:;how often do u do this?every 2 months?(i read somewhere)

RAZR215unrooted
  5. 94lt1

94lt1 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Meter training is ever 2-3 months for razrs and 3-4 for maxxs. :) but you can do it sooner if you like.
  6. jaye712

jaye712 New Member

Thanks 94

RAZR215unrooted
  7. sydolla

sydolla New Member

Thanks alot for the help. Appreciate it
Search tags for this page

problems with my droid razr

why does my razr m turn off when battery reaches 100%