battery life

monikamws

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new here. I have a droid and love it and was wondering if there is REALLY any app that helps extend the battery life of the phone? I hear yes, and then no, so I really don't know. I do a lot of texting and picture taking with my phone and facebook so my battery drains fast, lol. Any suggestions???
Thanx so much!

jonathon1289

Reaction score
It's a mixed answer, but in all actuality NO. Some people say yes, because the installed app manages battery saving tweaks that they could manually do. But the ap itself actually uses battery and cpu so it is not worth having.

The battery apps typically turn brightness all the way down and kill all of your network connections to save battery. This can all be controlled manually or through a simple widget built into Android (power control)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
there is not app that saves you battery life, even though one, Screebl, claims to do so.

Just turn off all things automatic, that's the best you can do.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
People say Juice Defender works. Personally, I undervolt and it does help.

AngryHatter

Reaction score
Make certain you have an OEM battery.
I bought a cheap replacement and I wondered why it would run down so quickly.
So ponied up and bought a motorola battery...

It lasts two or three days where the cheaper one used to last five or six hours with the same usage.

Backjudge

Reaction score
If you have an app for e-mail, get rid of it if it does not let you control when it syncs. I used the Yahoo app and it killed m battery after about 5 hours. Got rid of it and setup my e-mail through the email app on the Droid X and do it manually. Works great and no drain.

TyrantII

Reaction score
Sure, a combination of rooting the device and using several apps can have an effect on battery life.

I have a low voltage CPU kernel on my phone, an app to manage CPU speed depending on situation (screen off, screen on, % battery left), a task manager killer to kill apps that I'm not using, ect.

They all go towards using less battery / CPU cycles, ie longer life. Not sure what the people above are talking about.

But no, there's no "one app" that will do it. It's a combination of management apps.

naknak95

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new here. I have a droid and love it and was wondering if there is REALLY any app that helps extend the battery life of the phone? I hear yes, and then no, so I really don't know. I do a lot of texting and picture taking with my phone and facebook so my battery drains fast, lol. Any suggestions???
Thanx so much!

I have the extended battery and I use an app called "Android Assistant". I use it to boost every 2 hours and kill apps I don't want on schedule. I have seen a little difference some days, and big differences some other days. Some apps just run in the background and cannot be turned off. Also, be sure to turn off Location Settings, Push Notifications, etc. You can also check out my other thread I made: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1645379.

Hope this helps :icon_ banana: