Battery Life since OS Update

cjtennis

Reaction score
My battery is getting absolutely drained since I updated the OS a couple weeks back. Battery category is set to all conservative settings. I wake up in the morning and its gone from 70% to 40%.

I'm guessing the culprit is the automatic 4g it's set to. Anyone know A) if this sounds like the real issue and B) how to set it back to standard 3g?

Any input is greatly appreciated

CJ

bionic207

Reaction score
Get lte switcher from app store. Works great I got one n set it to cdma auto(prl)

OP
C

cjtennis

Reaction score
Get lte switcher from app store. Works great I got one n set it to cdma auto(prl)

I've got the app "LTE Switch" which is yellow and has a light switch on the actual app. If this is the one you're referring to my only options are data enabled and data roaming. I can also check the network strength of the 1x and 4g. That's all it allows for. Wrong app?

bionic207

Reaction score
LTE switch HTC thunderbolt is the app
Using it on my bionic works good

mattjenn

Reaction score
Boot into recovery and wipe cache this fixed battery life on my razr DROID 4 and bionic after ics update idk what ics does but battery was sucking down in like 3 or so hours someone told me to wipe cache and now on bionic standard battery I get 8-10 hours of extremely heavy use and games extended battery haven't gotten it past 30% before bed

seamushollis

Reaction score
Yeah the battery seems less happy these days since to the OS update, plus everything was moved around to, UGHHHHH

SigSoldat

Reaction score
I had this problem and fixed it with a cache wipe. Each everything has been working great until yesterday. The phone is running hot and this morning my battery is below 40% after two hours of use. I just wiped the partition again to see if that will help but I sure hope this doesn't be omega the required solution every few weeks!

RACEME

Reaction score
Boot into recovery and wipe cache this fixed battery life on my razr DROID 4 and bionic after ics update idk what ics does but battery was sucking down in like 3 or so hours someone told me to wipe cache and now on bionic standard battery I get 8-10 hours of extremely heavy use and games extended battery haven't gotten it past 30% before bed

Please point me to a link on how to do this.

SigSoldat

Reaction score
I had this problem and fixed it with a cache wipe. Each everything has been working great until yesterday. The phone is running hot and this morning my battery is below 40% after two hours of use. I just wiped the partition again to see if that will help but I sure hope this doesn't be omega the required solution every few weeks!

After the second cache wipe, the phone started running fine again. Cool to the touch, battery lasted all day with standard use. The phone did restart itself three times in less than 24 hours (once while trying to post a facebook message and twice in quick succession when it was in my pocket and hadn't been used in over an hour). This phone has been doing automatic restarts almost daily since I upgraded to ICS, sometimes multiple times a day. It happens whether I am using the phone or not and appears to be completely random.

I sure hope this isn't the new normal.