Battery Life ICS

toddbrooks515

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone is having the same horrible battery trouble that I am having with ICS. I have disabled bloat, used the task manager to close apps whenever I leave them, cleared cache, manually turned on CDMA only, and everything else. I am getting maybe 5-6 hours before the battery is dead on the OG Razer. HELP!!

Trash Can

Reaction score
Yes, I experienced the same thing on my wife's Razr and my Maxx. I did a FDR on both. Hers seems better, although it's too early to say if it's like it was on GB. The verdict is still out on my Maxx as I just took it off the charger.

karl.t.2112

Reaction score
When I ran the initial ICS update my Razr 16GB had like 15% more battery drain than before the update. What I did was uninstall all my Play Store Apps via the Play Store, did a factory data reset, then went in the Play Store on my PC and pushed all the apps back to the Razr. Since then the battery life is a better than before ICS. My guess is the apps installed on the phone prior to ICS were not optimized for ICS.

ICS rocks on the Razr! The battery issue was an easy fix for me because I ALWAYS keep my phone backed up and a factory data reset with ICS is super sweet and takes about 10 min tops on wifi.

jl0703

Reaction score
Yes. I did the same thing. Did and FDR after ICS , reloaded my apps and battery life is better than before

donnie5336

Reaction score
When I ran the initial ICS update my Razr 16GB had like 15% more battery drain than before the update. What I did was uninstall all my Play Store Apps via the Play Store, did a factory data reset, then went in the Play Store on my PC and pushed all the apps back to the Razr. Since then the battery life is a better than before ICS. My guess is the apps installed on the phone prior to ICS were not optimized for ICS.

ICS rocks on the Razr! The battery issue was an easy fix for me because I ALWAYS keep my phone backed up and a factory data reset with ICS is super sweet and takes about 10 min tops on wifi.

Is it necessary to uninstall apps before doing a FDR? Won't that erase all of that anyway?

tz34mb

Reaction score
After initial install last week, my battery seemed to drain quicker for the first few days...I read to do the "battery pull", and has since been working great! Yesteray I was at 1 day and 5 hours with 50% left!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Moving this to the battery forum :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!