Battery Issues

Rithisak

Reaction score
I haven't had my Incredible for too long and I have noticed some battery issues. On a couple of occasions I have had the battery last the whole day on just minimum use checking fb and returning text but other times like this morning. I took it off the charger and went to work and it had been an hour and fifteen minutes before I first used it and battery was already down to 87% with most the drain being on standby. Gps was turned off and I heard that task managers weren't any use since 2.2 so can someone give me some ideas that might help.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I haven't had my Incredible for too long and I have noticed some battery issues. On a couple of occasions I have had the battery last the whole day on just minimum use checking fb and returning text but other times like this morning. I took it off the charger and went to work and it had been an hour and fifteen minutes before I first used it and battery was already down to 87% with most the drain being on standby. Gps was turned off and I heard that task managers weren't any use since 2.2 so can someone give me some ideas that might help.

What about WiFi? Btw :welcome: to Droid Forums!!

OP
Rithisak

Rithisak

Reaction score
I'll have to get back to you on that. I've had it on the charger for awhile and had to take it off before it fully charged. Unless u want the % of it's use without a full charge.

droidman101

Reaction score
its facebook app, it auto-updates almost every 30 secs so it KILLS battery, literally :(

OP
Rithisak

Rithisak

Reaction score
Thnx I had changed mine to 4 hours. Gonna have to wait till I get a full charge and see what it does from there and post but once I get to work I use it more than when I'm off.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
The droid incredible automatically drops to about 87%right away anyways unless you do a jump charge. It never fully charges unless you unplug it after charging it, turn it off, plug it in, and it the light will be orange for a good half hour or more. It's a bug.

OP
Rithisak

Rithisak

Reaction score
Well phone did much better this morning for the first 3 hrs and 20 mins of work. It was at 91%
Cell Standby 47%
Time without signal 3%
Phone Idle 47%
Voice Calls 2%
Android System 2%
Dialer 2%

Only major difference from yesterday was time without signal was at 21% yesterday for the first 3 hrs of work which was probably the battery drainer while searching for a signal but odd thing is I went the exact places today as yesterday. Really hard to monitor time without signal.