Incredible Battery Drain

TRguy

Reaction score
I have had my DINC for about a month now. And like many people the battery drain is extremely fast relative to other phones I have had.

I recently bought an Energizer Energi To Go to provide some power in the event I am away from any form of a power outlet, USB port, or usable energy source.

It is new to me having this battery back up but initially seems to give me some relief from the battery anxiety I seemed to be having.

Here is a You Tube video I made of the Portable Battery Charger

[video=youtube;Jmj51kc5pxo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmj51kc5pxo#]Energizer Energi To Go - HTC Droid Incredible Battery Drain[/video]

I also considered the ZAP product, if anyone has used the ZAP I would love some feedback on how it is working for you.

Zap Portable Energy RX4-AA Recharge-It-All Combo Charger for AA Batteries/Cell Phones/MP3 Players
Amazon.com: Zap Portable Energy RX4-AA Recharge-It-All Combo Charger for AA Batteries/Cell Phones/MP3 Players: Electronics

ljholland

Reaction score
I posted this info previously....

I contacted tech support about random reboots and the battery problem. No surprise, the guy had me do a wipe. So - I played along and I decided to hold off installing all the old apps and logging into facebook etc. For the most part, I'm trying to live with stock apps or games that don't use the network.

What I'm finding is that the battery isn't draining and seems to be lasting all day. That points to a third party app that's chewing up the battery. The tough problem is which one?

I am, however finding that while at work, my battery drains faster than at home. At home, I have a strong signal - at work, it's so-so. So, I also purchased one of the Verizon 2150ma batteries to use while at work to deal with the bad signal problem. I'm hoping I can get away without it as I like the thinness of the stock battery.

I know that when my Droid 1 got Froyo, the battery life improved...hopefully, the same will happen with the Incredible when it is updated.

ljholland

Reaction score
Oh....and the random reboots have stopped completely as well! It's got to be a third party app causing the problems.

Weapondrift

Reaction score
Im about to run Hydra Kernel in a few minutes and compare the difference between battery life. I should be done with the review tomorrow evening. I can post the link with current stats if youd like.