Battery issues

sixhammers

Reaction score
Battery Life

Day one, what can I say I am a late bloomer and just got the phone. I won't go in to the things I like and dislike,(you all have one I am sure you can decide for yourselves).

I will note the the following. I read about the battery issues in different forums for days. I was pretty discouraged by what I read and yet being strapped to Verizon, this phone was the clear winner.

I picked up my phone from the store last night (50% charge at the time of pick up), made 2 changes, added 3 Google accounts, 1 Exchange account and played with the phone until the indicator turned orange. I plugged the phone in and awoke this morning to find my battery was still in the orange.

I was puzzled by this until I discovered my charger wasn't plugged in.

This basically means my phone sat idle for 6 hours (I don't get to sleep much) without actually losing much in the way of battery life. I charged the phone up to about 80% and have been running all day 7am-current(1:24pm) with about a 30% reduction in over all power.

The changes I made are as follow:
Under local settings
Turned off VZW Location Services
Turned off Google Location Services
Standalone GPS Services was already off. :icon_ banana:

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is an app called battery calibration. Run it. Now.

Sent from my Liberated DROID2

sixhammers

Reaction score
Haven't rooted the phone yet, still some experiments to do prior. Interesting line of thought though, I am interested to see if the calibration is off.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Probably is. I was worried about rooting for a while but it's not as risky as you think. Obviously there is a small risk but you can always get it back with sbf (95%). It takes 5 min and you will be sooooo happy you did.

Sent from my Liberated DROID2

sixhammers

Reaction score
12 hours, battery just notified me 15% left
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Judypupek

Reaction score
I've tried everything mentioned in the forums to improve my battery, but I am only getting about 9 hours of minimal usage from my battery. I use task killers, history erasers.... nothing is helping. I did the *228 thing, a battery pull..... nothing is helping. Very frustrated, especially when you can't connect to a charger! Any suggestions??

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Here is some information on task killers. They seem to do more harm than good. If you're stock, the only thing you can really do is some battery conditioning. Charge your battery full without interruption and then run it down almost completely without interruption. Do this a couple times and see if you get any improvement.

Judypupek

Reaction score
Thanks so much! I'm getting rid of the task killers now to see if it helps!!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidFor

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Along with letting Android control the opening and closing of apps, you should use the "back" softkey to exit apps as that will close them. Also get into the habit of pressing the "menu" softkey and selecting close or exit if the app has those options.

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
Here's some battery tips.

1. Dim the screen.

2. Limit background data and auto sync

3. Use darker backgrounds

4. Don’t use live wallpapers

5. Put the phone in airplane mode if you know you are not going to have signal

6. Turn off Wifi if you aren’t using it.

7. Disconnect from unused Bluetooth devices. If you aren’t using those head phones, disconnect from them.

8. Turn off Bluetooth

9. Turn off GPS

10. Use darker or black key boards

11. Dont use app killers.

Meltman

Reaction score
Wanting to know if any one else experienced this issue with the maxx? About 2 weeks ago I noticed my battery was draining faster then normal. I plugged it in at work for about 3-4 hours and noticed it didn't charge at all. The charger was from my D x. So I went home put it on the same charger that I used since I got the phone( older charger). This time for 6 hours and it charged but only about 70%. I finished the charge on the one that came with the phone and noticed the battery draining withing hours. I did the volume and power ( battery pull). And it has gotten a little better but still drains faster then normal! What do yous think?

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
You might need to calibrate the battery indicator. Run it down to the 15% mark. Then turn it off and charge it fully using the oem Razr charger. Do that for two consecutive charge cycles. If you have any questions just check out one of the millions of posts that Foxcat has written about the Maxx's battery.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
It may be due to an app you recently downloaded. Are there any apps you downloaded just prior to this happening? Look at your battery usage (in settings)...what does it say is using your battery?

Also, with the phone off, charge to 100%. You can check progress of charge without accidentally turning your phone on by pressing volume down and it will give you a battery meter reading. Once charged to 100%, turn phone back on and use til it reaches 15% (do not let it get too much lower than this). Turn phone off and charge with phone off until it reaches 100% again. Then use phone as normal and charge as normal. This will calibrate your battery meter to make sure your phone is reporting a correct state of charge.

After doing this, if your battery still seems to be discharging quickly, there is most likely an app that is responsible. Other possibilities are the phone has a weak 3g/4g signal and is constantly working in background trying to get a decent signal, you are in a 3g area and phone is constantly trying to connect to 4g, you have a lot of location dependent Widgets that are continuously updating. Think of anything that may be different about your phone since your problem started... it most likely is your problem.

Also, with the Razr, the stock charger that came with the phone works best.

Read some of FoxKat's threads and advice about battery care. It will help you get the most out of your battery.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Eww, Sorry loudram, I didn't mean to repeat what you already posted. Yours wasn't there when I started mine but you said it much simpler than I did.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums