Battery Issues???

HackerCity

Reaction score
Is anybody having an issue with the battery draining...?

I love this ROM but I literally can leave my phone stilling for have the day unused and within 4 hours my battery is at 30%.

Never had this issue with any other ROM. I had to switch to TranQ 3.7. Battery is fine.

Would like to switch back if I knew itwas a bug that could be corrected.

Shadows9909

Reaction score
What rom did you come from? My my battery life has been exceptional.. Did you wipe data and cache before installing? And I've heard there can be issues switching between tranquility and other roms... Never used tranquility.. I would suggest doing a clean install and seeing if that helps. Gl :)
Sent from my DROIDX

irish22022

Reaction score
yeah, I doubt anyone would be using this ROM if the battery issue was with the ROM.

I use it pretty regularly. calls, sms, internet, wifi, games, etc... I had 35% life after 26 hours.

mcp770

Reaction score
Damn Irish, what settings/apps are you using? I get good life but not that good.

oo3

Reaction score
Have you tried charging your battery completely then wiping battery stats? That usually fixes my problems when moving to a new rom.

irish22022

Reaction score
Damn Irish, what settings/apps are you using? I get good life but not that good.

I don't have it underclocked or anything, so as far as settings go: pretty standard. I do have the brightness turned all the way down when i'm in my house, so that makes a difference.

I use superpower. I think it's great. When my screen turns off, so does my 3G and wifi and my CPU is scaled down. I think that makes a really big difference. you can also set it to airplane mode at certain times (if you're on a normal sleep schedule.. i'm not).

If you haven't already, I'd look into that app. It got me an extra few hours, for sure. It's free, still in Beta and the occasional nag, but I really recommend it.

I also have frozen every app that runs in the backgroun that I don't use (though there aren't many, liberty pretty much is bloat free), and all of my apps are pretty battery minded (Go SMS instead of Handcent, Miren Browser, etc...).

All in all, though, I really don't have that many apps when it comes down to it. I'd say less then 50 apps are installed on my phone.

ThatOneDude05

Reaction score
Trying superpower right now!! Seems really awesome
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

supermandroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X 2nd Gen
Have you tried charging your battery completely then wiping battery stats? That usually fixes my problems when moving to a new rom.

I haven't tried that one... I too noticed a dramatic decrease in battery life since switching to liberty. I'll give superpower a shot! Umm... how DO you wipe your battery stats?

Last edited:

17akota

Reaction score
JuiceDefender is also a good battery saving app to get. it takes a few days to get up to speed, but well worth it. i have bad service where im located and i get about 17 hours on moderate usage.

Inkarnit

Reaction score
Wiping battery stats is a good solution, but you need to do it after a full overnight charge. As for these other apps such as superpower and Juice Defender... I think the phones are designed to work as is. These apps can sometimes cause more problems than fix. The only 3rd party app I use to control anything is Autostarts to control when apps automatically start up. This is vital imho because stupid apps like Hero of Sparta are designed to start when the time changes or other silly times. Using JUST Autostarts, I get 15-18 hours out of a work day where signal strength is fluctuating between 3g and 1x and 24-30 hours out of a weekend day when I have strong signal at home. I use my phone all day every day, so this is with moderately heavy use.

irish22022

Reaction score
agree. it's different for all users, I think. I think task killers really run interference with android, and I also think Juice Defender messes with stuff way more then superpower, which was developed and is regularly supported over at xda.

I'm going to look into autostart, though.