Battery issues gone. 8 hours off charger, 84% battery left. Wow.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I've been running this ROM and kernel for a couple hours now. My battery seems to be holding up a LITTLE better so far (compared to stock). It seems like my reception has improved, however.

I wasn't necessarily having the reception problems that other people were prior to this ROM but my signal strength was generally between -103 and -120 dBm prior to flashing this ROM. So far, I have been anywhere from -83 to -94 dBm. My SpeedTest speeds have not improved, still getting between 6-10 Mbs up/down generally.

Do you notice a little more snap when opening text or settings or the dialer for example? Those seem like they should be quicker than they are on my phone. Side by side with the Bionic and the Bionic is quicker at all of those. Thanks!

COSam

Reaction score
Do you notice a little more snap when opening text or settings or the dialer for example? Those seem like they should be quicker than they are on my phone. Side by side with the Bionic and the Bionic is quicker at all of those. Thanks!

I don't notice any lag when opening texts, settings or the dialer. I did notice a little lag on the keyboard when I go straight from composing a text to the home screen. The keyboard is a little slower to close than the messaging application.

traveye

Reaction score
Gonna say LTE. Most of us here are with Verizon

^thank you sir

Anyone else been able to replicate the OP's results with battery life with this setup? My favorite new toy died today at 1 pm. Granted, I've been up since 5:30am, but still... not quite what I was hoping for. My old X would get me all the way through the day. I'm new to 4G, is this just an inevitability?

Amberite

Reaction score
^thank you sir

Anyone else been able to replicate the OP's results with battery life with this setup? My favorite new toy died today at 1 pm. Granted, I've been up since 5:30am, but still... not quite what I was hoping for. My old X would get me all the way through the day. I'm new to 4G, is this just an inevitability?

I'm relatively close without modding the phone. 61% battery left after roughly 7 hours of moderate use. 40 minutes of screen time, 45 minutes of calls, etc. This is my 3rd day and the battery is doing better day-by-day. Yesterday I woke up at 9am and plugged the phone in at 1am and had about 20% left on battery.

KaosMcRage

Reaction score
I'm relatively close without modding the phone. 61% battery left after roughly 7 hours of moderate use. 40 minutes of screen time, 45 minutes of calls, etc. This is my 3rd day and the battery is doing better day-by-day. Yesterday I woke up at 9am and plugged the phone in at 1am and had about 20% left on battery.
^ This. It's getting better every day without any custom ROMs or kernels.

boilerkj

Reaction score
I installed 2x battery yesterday and did some of the stuff it suggested (turned down screen [I'm about 40%], turned off GPS unless I needed it) and I'm at 61% after 8.5 hrs. Granted I'm not a heavy user by any means - I usually check FB a couple times, maybe send a couple txt's, browse the news and such each hour or so, but it looks like I should be able to last a day. I can plug in at work, but I'm not always at my desk.

I made it nearly the entire day last Friday and I just kept playing it and looking at it.

I'm just unlocked and rooted, no ROMs or kernels.

COSam

Reaction score
A little update on my battery experience with this ROM and kernel. Seems pretty comparable to completely stock. I did wipe battery stats at 100% this morning, so it may not be fair to make any judgement until the battery has been reconditioned.

screenshot2011122115461.png
screenshot2011122115460.png
screenshot2011122115455.png

badz

Reaction score
The original post that showed 16+ hrs of battery life was the same person who showed less than 2hrs of screen usage, and no streaming apps like pandora, or web browsing, or really any use of the phone. With that and the subsequent posts by others, I think I'm just going to pass on this for now. I don't see any major gains cause I usually hit 2hrs of screen usage in the 1st 5 or 6 hours of being off the charger lol.

Keep all the feedback coming strong guys!

OP
W

wil318466

Reaction score
I dunno if maybe some of it was simply observer error, but from what my battery was doing a few days ago to the last two days it feels DRAMATICALLY different. It would take forever for the battery to charge and after the changes it seemed very different.

Was down to 10% before I left today, so I had to charge up before I left. Plugged it in, took a shower and got dressed, left the house with 30%. Was in the car running around doing errands/gift buying, had it in the car charger sporadically and currently at 20% with a few phone calls/texts. I never felt like I was in danger of running out of juice.

To compare this with my old phone would be a joke, I was always charging it, and I don't feel that way at all with this phone now.

jcardona1

Reaction score
The original post that showed 16+ hrs of battery life was the same person who showed less than 2hrs of screen usage, and no streaming apps like pandora, or web browsing, or really any use of the phone. With that and the subsequent posts by others, I think I'm just going to pass on this for now. I don't see any major gains cause I usually hit 2hrs of screen usage in the 1st 5 or 6 hours of being off the charger lol.

Keep all the feedback coming strong guys!

Well for what it's worth, 2hrs of screen-on time for me personally results in 6-7hrs of total battery life, while the phone is off for the rest of the time. 16hrs total with 2hrs screen-on time seems like a miracle lol.