Battery issue

gambit07

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been running Sapphire 2.0 for a week or so now and it's great but I've run into a problem. The battery life has been okay, not as good as I was getting with BB but good enough. One problem I've noticed though is that the phone will drop from 70 or 80% all the way down to 10%, especially if I use navigation. The other problem I have is that when I put the phone on the charger it says its charged to 100% after maybe 20 or 30 minutes. I know it can't have charged all the way from 5 or 10% in that time. I have tried clearing battery stats but it hasn't helped. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I get 15hrs avg in Sapphire. Did you wipe your batt on a full charge and let it drain all the way before charging again?

sent from my rooted nook color

OP
gambit07

gambit07

Reaction score
I get 15hrs avg in Sapphire. Did you wipe your batt on a full charge and let it drain all the way before charging again?

sent from my rooted nook color

I did although I've heard that's not even necessary, but I like to cover all my bases. I do get through a full day usually it's only when I use navigation that the battery seems to drop like a rock. I'm not sure what could be going on with the charging issue either, hmm

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not sure. Nav does eat battery. Idk about the charging thing. Maybe try another charger. Screebl is a good battery saving app. This rom is one of the better ones for battery life for me so idk.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
gambit07

gambit07

Reaction score
Not sure. Nav does eat battery. Idk about the charging thing. Maybe try another charger. Screebl is a good battery saving app. This rom is one of the better ones for battery life for me so idk.

Yeah it's odd, navigation drops it from 80 to 20 in about... 15 minutes? Haha I don't think that's right. And the charger I've been using all along and never had any problems with BB or previous roms. Maybe I'll just try reflashing it again

Last edited:

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea it shouldn't drop that much. Yea I'd backup, wipe, format and install again on a full charge. Maybe wipe dalvich cache too.

RevivaL

Reaction score
I get two days worth on a charge. my battery is right where I want it, love it

ntrddragn

Reaction score
i have no idea how you guys get such battery life. im lucky to go like 4 hrs without charge. =/ my phone is constantly plugged in via usb or wall. the only time i dont charge it is when im driving (no navi either).

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well battery life varies for everyone. It depends how you use your phone. For instance my battery drains super quick when I play quake2 or angry birds because of all the resources it takes to run those things. I think 4hrs is kind of low but it depends on usage and battery wear and tear.

Diab210

Reaction score
How old is the battery? Are you overclocked? I've noticed similar battery issues but not quite to that level. If I had to take a guess I would say your battery is worn out and it's holding a charge anymore

jayman350

Reaction score
i have no idea how you guys get such battery life. im lucky to go like 4 hrs without charge. =/ my phone is constantly plugged in via usb or wall. the only time i dont charge it is when im driving (no navi either).

I'm in the same boat as you are. I have backup batteries that are always on a charger. I do use the browser a lot throughout the day and I know that takes a big toll on the battery life. I've pretty much come to accept that I need to have a backup battery on me at pretty much all times.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I dont understand it. I guess battery life really does vary. I can always get at the least 12 hrs. My girlfriends D1 which is unrooted gets at least 8 and she has the screen cranked all the way up. But I guess it all boils down to use, power saving methods, and if you have a bad battery or not. I believe the D2 extended battery will work on the d1.

jayman350

Reaction score
Yeah I have accepted the fact that I abuse mobile data and my battery pays the price for it.

The D2 extended battery will work, but you won't be able to use a case for it b/c you need to use an extended battery door. I have thought about the Seidio ext battery and case, but I already have a regular Seidio case as well as an Otterbox case.

I think the longest I have gotten out of a single charge has been approx 12 hours. Of course the phone spent most of the day in my pocket and I was really light on mobile data, gps, etc.

I typically have my phone OC'd to anywhere from 800-1100 MHz. I have willingly sacrificed some battery life to run a higher clock speed.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
i gotten used to it but see how some of you guys get 12 something hrs on a single charge makes me jealous. LOL D1 is OC'ed at 1.1 , i use it for web surfing and playing wordfeud, taking pix, emails,text. if i use the navi i would probably use if for 1hr otherwise i risk of not having a phone.