Battery issue reason enough to pass on DG2?

Zackbushy

Reaction score
If your interested in a battery that doesn't make it look like a tumor, there is always the official Motorola Extended Battery that fits the Droid, Droid 2 and the Droid 2 Global. It has about 30% more capacity, easily makes it last all day on a single charge with heavy use, and it fits in most of the Cases made for the Droid 2 (bought from Verizon, they all have a small "hump" where the eztended battery fits).

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Do they sell any cases without the hump? Its really annoying!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
and I agree with hook. every phone may/may not have battery issues. I believe like any new phones out there, you just have put high usage to it and sort of drain the battery down just to give it some kick.
there are apps out there that may help, like JuiceDefender. it works for me by customizing it to fit my needs. im getting anywhere between 15-22 hours before charging. i check emails, both personal and business, i have documents i work on, surf the net, etc or like others, get the extended battery.
good luck in your findings though...

Every smartphone out there has "a battery issue." If you've never had a smart phone it does indeed seem like a battery issue, but it's quite normal for a battery to dissipate.

Battery issue is the number 1 topic in this forum on every smart phone we cover. I've seen a lot of hypothesis about how to improve battery life, and quite honestly those are more of a placebo then anything else.

So please don't let the battery keep you from getting a D2G. It's no better or worst then any other android phone.

Aloha from Hawaii