Battery Draining After 2.2

hakrat51

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first post here and already it's about an issue.

So, since the update, I've noticed that my battery is dying, rapidly. I run Task Killer, and yes, I've read the articles on how Droid does it's own cool thing as far as managing apps goes, but Task Killer has worked great for me in the past. Now, I've noticed that there are always apps running in the background and they restart almost immediately after I kill them. The one that annoys me the most is the Amazonmp3 app. It seems to be an app that comes with the droid because I can't remove it. Other apps, that I rarely use, but like to keep on hand will also steadily run, such as Skype and Easy Teather. I want to know why the heck they always auto start, and come back after I kill them. Also, the amount of apps that start when I power up the phone is getting ridiculous. Is there an auto start manager of some sort?
Any help or explanation on this would be super awesome!

Thanks,
Rob

mnw

Reaction score
YES exact same thing happening. they sent me a new phone, same thing happens. did anything help??

OP
H

hakrat51

Reaction score
Ok, so I took the self starting apps off of the Autokill option on the task killer. It has been saving my battery power now that the apps don't have to restart every hour. However, I would still rather just have them not run in the first place!

pilot25

Reaction score
Same problems here. Since 2.2 my battery dies quickly. The only thing different is you cannot kill tasks with 2.2 as you could with 2.1. The "task killer" apps don"t work with 2.2. The apps are constantly running and autostarting killing the battery.

This is killing me!!

kristinz84

Reaction score
Hmm I tried uninstalling taskiller because I read on a different website that may be the problem. I'll let you know!