Txt Messaging App Freezes - HTC Incredible S

thegreenberet

Reaction score
I've had the Incredible S for several months now.

After ~month of use, I noticed the messaging app started freezing (txt messages). After I send a txt and try to go back to the menu, it says 'loading' forever, freezes, says 'force close'. The problem is it does this almost all the time.
I've used Advanced Task Killer to kill apps, I've restarted it, pulled out the battery, installed app updates, but the problem is still there.
Anyone know how to fix this?

ponyboy

Reaction score
*bump*

I'm in the exact same boat as you, thegreenberet, but with the Incredible 2. (got it maybe 1.5 months ago? 2 months?) What did you end up doing, finally? Did you fix the problem?

OP
T

thegreenberet

Reaction score
*bump*

I'm in the exact same boat as you, thegreenberet, but with the Incredible 2. (got it maybe 1.5 months ago? 2 months?) What did you end up doing, finally? Did you fix the problem?

Hey the latest software upgrade helped a lot, I think it was released about 3 months ago, check to make sure you have the latest v. of Android.
I also limited the number of saved txt msgs for each contact to 200 (was 1000)
It still lags and has to load for a bit, and nowhere near as fast as the iPhone, but is much better.

Good luck

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
You need to get rid of advanced task killer. The Android os already does the exact same thing automatically. All that app does is use up memory and cause lag. Android tries to shut it down and it constantly restarts. Task killers are not needed for Android phones any more.

This post is Incredible 2!