1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Battery drain and gmail

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible 2' started by mhdroid90, May 19, 2012.

1. mhdroid90

mhdroid90 New Member

So I've had this phone for about a year, and no problems until yesterday. First it started shutting off by itself, when I turned it back on the battery was nearly dead. I didn't do anything to it, except put it on a charger. I left it alone for around an hour, came back, and it had turned off again. I started it again and the battery was lower than before I had started charging it. Then it shut off and I started it several time, sometimes the screen wouldn't unlock and it seemed unable to load my home screens. I managed to uninstall any apps I had downloaded in the past week, and that didn't help anything. I restarted and did a soft reset. Still not working, so I did a hard reset. It's working now and I haven't installed anything on it. I tried to sign in to my gmail account that I've been using for the phone and it kept saying I had an invalid password, I went to gmail through my computer and had an email that said someone had tried to log into my account so I reset my password. I tried to sign into my gmail again and the phone shut off. I tried signing in with a different account that is linked to my main gmail, and it worked fine. How do I go about getting my gmail to stop shutting the phone down? Or what else could be happening. Also, it killed my battery. Was at 80%, down to 10% after I tried to sign into the main gmail account.
    I tried to load the other gmail and it shut off again. ugh

TL;DR - My gmail and phone are refusing to play nice, how can I fix this?
    Last edited: May 19, 2012
Search tags for this page
android gmail push battery

gmail android battery drain

gmail app drain battery android
gmail draining android battery

gmail draining battery

gmail for android battery drain
htc droid incredible 2 mail app draining battery