battery discharging

98tj

Reaction score
my battery suddenly started discharging and is now completely dead. any ideas?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome aboard.. first thing is plug it I with the factory charger and cable...

When it will turn on, install an app like gsam battery monitor.. it has a feature called app sucker.. it will show you which app is sucking down the juice...

If that doesn't help.. you may consider clearing the cache on the phone.. and possibly a factory data reset..

If it continues, you may have a dead cell and need to call vzw for a replacement...

OP

98tj

Reaction score
Thanks. I tried a different charger and that seems to do the trick so i assume the charger itself is bad. I will follow up on your other suggestions to se why it was draining so fast.

RazorbackFan

Reaction score
Welcome aboard.. first thing is plug it I with the factory charger and cable...

When it will turn on, install an app like gsam battery monitor.. it has a feature called app sucker.. it will show you which app is sucking down the juice...

If that doesn't help.. you may consider clearing the cache on the phone.. and possibly a factory data reset..

If it continues, you may have a dead cell and need to call vzw for a replacement...

Can you help with clearing the cache? After installing the OTA JB update on my Razr Maxx HD Im getting more battery drain than normal (about 20% more per day). I've tried alot of suggestions from here and around the web and finally did a Factory Reset. Now, after reinstalling all my apps and getting the phone back to where I want it, there still seems to be battery drain. I tried clearing the cache last night to no avail. From a powered off position I held down the power button and the volume up and down keys. At the bootloader screen I chose recovery and pressed the up volume button. After that it goes to the screen with Android laying down with the red triangle. From there I pressed the volume up and down keys and nothing happens. I have to hold down the power button to get it to reboot. I tried this 15 times last night and never got the option to clear the cache. Any ideas? Am I doing this wrong now; it seemed to work last week before the Factory Reset. Thanks.