bar code scanning grocery list

PittCaleb

Reaction score
Mentioned earlier, Grocery King looks very promising. It's the only app I've found that specifically does "aisles" such that once you have a list, you can sort it by aisle to shopp efficiently at the store.

I come from the Palm and have been using Handy Shoper for, well, maybe even decade now! It's awesome. Because of the 24-hour return policy, I am going to try Grocery King during next weeks shopping. I tried a free one this work to much dismay and force exists while shopping, argh!

I'll let youknow what I find out next week. Sorting by aisle is the only way I'll do it, their web page states bar coding for 1.1 million products, so this could be very very cool. We'll see. If this doesn't work, this will be my first Android project app to work on. Might take a year, but my pet project will be a good shopping app if one does not already exist.

Grocery King

PittCaleb

johnvarenda

Reaction score
How can I use adobe or any other software to combine a pdf of odd pages with a pdf of even pages into one big pdf?

Lisaf2009

Reaction score
oh man I'd love something like this. right now, our grocery list is an excel spread sheet that we print out. We got a store-map from the local market and organized it by isle... as we snake through the store, the next thing on the list is the next thing we'll come across in the isles. (With three kids under the age of 6, getting in and out efficiently is key)

if this doesn't yet exist, then it's time for me to start looking into developing for android!
Hi

Thank you for the information. You have provided nice information of Grocery List. Can you please provide more information on that.

Thanks
Lisa

LoveAlwaysJami

Reaction score
Grocery iQ you can scan barcodes. I dont use it, but just ran across it.

**Just read grocery king you can scan too..**

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does it scan bar codes to add and remove needed items on the list though? I'd certainly be interested in a grocery list app that did that well.

nmiltner

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Try shopping list plus. I'm not sure it has all the features you need, but I can create a list and as I get things I can check them off.

marcus40

Reaction score
Grocery King

For me Grocery King was the best, has a good database, you can add prices, bar scan, the database has categories.
marcus40

fant0m_Eris

Reaction score
Does it scan bar codes to add and remove needed items on the list though? I'd certainly be interested in a grocery list app that did that well.

Grocery King

Price your shopping list: Grocery king prices your list automatically. It shows your full shopping list cost and also cost of items that you have checked (put in your cart). Users can also add/edit the price on any item.

Legible shopping lists : Your shopping list is displayed and laid out in a clean and organized manner. All your items on your shopping list are automatically sorted by its corresponding aisle/category. When you get to your local grocery store, just go to the listed aisle and add the items to your cart. Once you are done purchasing an item, just click on that item and the view realistically scratches of that item from the view.

Scan a product barcode and the app will automatically recognize and add/strike off items from your shopping list. If you think looking up items is boring, then don’t worry. Create your own catalog of your favorite products at home by scanning/saving their barcodes once, and the app will remove/strike off from your shopping list the same items at the store when you scan.

roodco1

Reaction score
Grocery app

I've been using Grocery IQ (.99) for awhile and love it. Create your own lists (favorites)either by typing or scanning the bar code.It is fabulous!!

garyhesq

Reaction score
I love Grocery IQ but over the weekend it lost my main store and I had a ton of time setting it up and making my list for that one store. I wish it had a way to back it up in case that would happen again.

jimnutt

Reaction score
OurGroceries has a web interface you can use to update and enter grocery lists from the pc. My wife and I have been very impressed with it, it updates almost instantly, we can both be in the store with the list open and as soon as one of us checks an item off the list it's checked off the other phone as well.

gatewayad

Reaction score
There are tons of Barcode scanning apps. The two I use are Barcode Scanner (for scanning QR codes of programs) and ShopSavvy for scanning product's bar codes for comparison shopping.

And why not just use a Notes application for a grocery list?

ShopSavvy now will scan QR codes love it only need one barcode scanning app dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

kbrake

Reaction score
Out of milk is a good app. You can scan bar codes.