Does a good task / shopping list program exist?

EtherGnat

Reaction score
I've seen decent shopping list apps, and Astrid is a decent task manager, but I'd really like one app that does it all. I'm not sure why the two aren't combined more often because a grocery list is really just a specific instance of a list.

The ideal program would have (at least what I can think of off the top of my head):

1. Web sync for free (don't mind paying for the app but hate monthly fees)
2. Sub-tasks
3. I'd love to be able to sync with Outlook/Exchange Tasks, but that's a dream.
4. A clean, easy to use interface but with plenty of power and flexibility
5. Templates for common lists
6. The ability to import lists from spreadsheets
7. Advanced grocery list features like barcode scan, item database, and ability to categorize by aisle/area.

The closest I've found on Android are some of the shopping list apps that can serve as a general to-do list in a pinch. The favorite I've used period is ListPro on Windows Mobile, but iliumsoft isn't doing Android yet (and the interface left something to be desired).

Anybody using an app for both purposes? What's the best you've found and why?

duke6619

Reaction score
Give Grocery IQ a try. I don't think it does all that you want but it comes close. It's on trail for free during April.

lstroyan

Reaction score
OurGroceries is really good, and can be used for tasks as well. I really like that it syncs between 2 or more Droids so my spouse and I can have the same lists. Web sync is on the way according to the developer.

There really isn't a great Outlook solution yet, I'm afraid.

cavaliercarey

Reaction score
I would like a shopping list that you could just scan barcodes to keep track of how much you are spending in the store with the ability to enter prices if the scanner doesn't work. Does Grocery King or IQ have this? I second (third, fourth....) the Outlook need! :blink:

les017

Reaction score
I would like a shopping list that you could just scan barcodes to keep track of how much you are spending in the store with the ability to enter prices if the scanner doesn't work. Does Grocery King or IQ have this? I second (third, fourth....) the Outlook need! :blink:

Grocery IQ does this and does it very well. I just recently moved over from Our Groceries and am loving it.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Check out an app called "SmartAss" lol...seriously! Very nice grocery list app.

HAKmaster

Reaction score
I just installed groceryiq last night, and I really like it so far, but does anyone know what the fee is after the free trial and is a monthly or a one time fee?