Backup with no screen?

astevens16

Reaction score
The display on my Droid zonked out. The capacitive part still works (e.g., I can answer the phone if I can guess where to swipe) but I can't see a thing. Verizon says they can't fix it, so I have another on the way.

My question is whether Verizon will be able to pull any of the info (i.e., data, apps) off the phone and transfer to the new one, or if there's a way I could pull some stuff off the internal storage--without being able to see the screen.

I was able to guess well enough to get the SD card connected to my computer via USB, but that doesn't help with the internal storage, right? Any suggestions, or am I out of luck?

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
The display on my Droid zonked out. The capacitive part still works (e.g., I can answer the phone if I can guess where to swipe) but I can't see a thing. Verizon says they can't fix it, so I have another on the way.

My question is whether Verizon will be able to pull any of the info (i.e., data, apps) off the phone and transfer to the new one, or if there's a way I could pull some stuff off the internal storage--without being able to see the screen.

I was able to guess well enough to get the SD card connected to my computer via USB, but that doesn't help with the internal storage, right? Any suggestions, or am I out of luck?

Your apps should be backed up by the market and your contacts by google.. Data wise unless you have some kind of auto sync with a web i think you are sol... wish i had the magic trick..

freezyfreaky

Reaction score

You can back it up using ADB.

I personally never tried this method but what do you have to lose?

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. What all did Verizon do. I know I have had it happen before ns when I held down the lock/power button the screen came back.

geoff5093

Reaction score
As previously stated, your contacts, settings, and purchased apps are backed up to your Google account. All your photos, videos, music, etc. are stored on the MicroSD card behind the battery door, which you can take out and put in a memory card reader to retrieve the data from.