Backup & Restore/My Portion Of Text Is Missing...

Googlicious Bytes

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Lavander
Hi Everyone,

New To Forum...Any Advice Would Be Gr8ly Appreciated...

Q1: Under Settings - Cloud & Accounts - Samsung Cloud - Scroll Down To Backup & Restore: There Are (2) Backups Displayed (1) For Note 9 & (1) For Old S7...When I Open The Old S7 Backup There's An Option To Backup To This Phone Or Another Option To Delete Backup...Is There Good Reason To Backup It Up To The Note 9 - Or Should I Just Leave It Where It Is - Or Should I Delete For Future Space? Everything Seems To Have Transferred Over Except: See Q2*

Q2: After Smart Switch'n My Phones, 1 Thing I Noticed Was That My Text Transferred Over But Only What The Other Person/People (Group) Sent Or Responded To Me; Not Any Of The Text That I Sent Out Or Made Responses To...Any1 Else Notice That? My Portion Of The Text Didn't Start Show'n Up Until I Started Using My Note 9...Any1 Know How To Fix This Issue?

Q3: Where Did Visual Voicemail Go? Or Is It Not Available On Unlocked Note 9?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Welcome to the Forum! . I am not familiar with the first two questions, but we have a lot of Samsung owners here so hopefully one of them can answer.

For question 3, I believe Visual Voicemail is setup and controlled by your phones carrier. I think so?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OP
G

Googlicious Bytes

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Thx Sajo!;) I Believe Your Rite - Visual Voicemail Is A Carrier Thang - So It's Not Automatic Install For Unlocked Phones...

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I think it's there, and part of Android, but it needs to know that your current carrier supports the functionality before you see the option on your phone. That's how I think it works.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OP
G

Googlicious Bytes

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Thx Sajo...I'm Still Research'n The Visual Voicemail Options & I'll Be Sure To Let Everyone Know What Option I Picked For Sure...

But Another Interest'n Thing Is When I Receive/Send Texts It Also Shows Up As A Phone Call On The 'Recents' Log...It's Been Happen'n Since The Original Text Issue Apparently?!

I May Check-In W/AT&T Just To Make Sure It's Not On Their End...I've Posed These Q&A's @Samsung.Com (Community Forum) But So Far No Response, Last I Checked.