Backing up ROM

penut_gallery

Reaction score
i want/need to back up the existing ROM on my rooted RZR. i need advise on what i should use, pleease
and any other advise ur willing to give me will b much appreciated :)
thank u

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Are you using the stock ROM or custom ROM...the best way to back up is with either Clockwork or Safestrap - have you used one of these? You can only use one or the other - do not attempt to install both.

OP
penut_gallery

penut_gallery

Reaction score
no i havent used neither...what is razr bootstrapper? i have it but im afraid to open it(it has a picture of an android skull)

im using stock
i want to play with other ROMs but i think i should back up the original before i break something

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Yes, definitely make a backup :)...that is your way back.

Bootstrap allows you to access clockwork recovery - make sure you have the most recent version (v2.0)...primarily to use Bootstrap, you just open the app tap bootstrap recovery, wait for it to say "success", click okay and then hit "reboot recovery"...this will reboot your phone into clockwork recovery. Here is the link to the most current version (if you don't have it) and it gives a brief how to as well.. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ni...razr-bootstrap-recovery-updated-2-8-12-a.html

If you want to check out safestrap, guidot wrote a nice guide on how to use here... http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/200942-safestrap-guide-razr.html

OP
penut_gallery

penut_gallery

Reaction score
i can only have one of them, right? safestrap or bootstrap.
whats the difference in them? which would u recommend?
i think i like safestrap more just because of the name
i dont know why i chose bootstrap when i was choosing...

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I think both are good, but I have only used "bootstrap" - it is just what I have used on my X and Bionic...