Avoid highways?

sstamilio

Reaction score
Is there a way to get the GPS to avoid Interstates? Do you have to use another app? If so, which one?

travisinkansas

Reaction score
Most of the time that I'm in my Galaxie I'm trying to stay on 2 lane roads, they're just more fun, but I haven't found a way yet to map them in GM besides laying it out on my home machine and saving the map.

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure copilot does this, but it's like $30 on the market.

OP
sstamilio

sstamilio

Reaction score
I guess patience is a virtue. I was messing around with Google maps and they finally added the avoid highways/tolls option. Sweet, it even offered multiple routes from Charlotte to Port Allegany, Pa.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
with 2.2 you will be able to avoid highways.....

theres going to be a nice feature of 2.2(froyo) thats called "cloud to phone" you can use your computer to setup a trip then send it to your phone.

i know its not the most ideal option but its better then nothing.

darreno1

Reaction score
I guess patience is a virtue. I was messing around with Google maps and they finally added the avoid highways/tolls option. Sweet, it even offered multiple routes from Charlotte to Port Allegany, Pa.

Thanks for posting this. I use the Navigation often and never even bothered to check the options. I know many were asking for this for a while.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I guess patience is a virtue. I was messing around with Google maps and they finally added the avoid highways/tolls option.
For those that don't want to dig around, the options are available when you get to the directions (before you hit navigate). Hit the menu button.

I'm not sure how you'd do this if you tell voice search to navigate to your destination though.

Now if they'd just add options to consider traffic, take the fastest route, take the shortest route, etc...

darreno1

Reaction score
^^You can still get to it after hitting navigation by going to menu and selecting route info then route options. Also works even after using the voice command.