automatic updates

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Click on the menu button and hit settings. Scroll down to the bottom and tell me what Market version you have. Is it a black themed one or a green/white themed one?

If it is 3.1.5, when you go to the app, there will be pictures of the app. Right below that, there is an option for automatic updating

OP
A

AquariumMermaid

Reaction score
If you mean the Android version, it is 2.3.3 and all type, no picture, is in black

OP
A

AquariumMermaid

Reaction score
when I go to Menu, and click apps, the apps that pop up under "downloaded", "all" and " on SD card" all have colored pictures in front of the name

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
No, I meant in the market. Go to the market and click the menu button (far left button at the bottom of the phone). 4 options should pop up. Select My Apps. Find Books and select it. The first thing under the pictures of the app should say Automatic Updates. Uncheck that. Do the same for the My Verizon Mobile app.

When I asked for the version, I meant the market version. You should have 3.1.5 since you have a black themed market. To find the market version, hit the menu button and select settings. Then scroll down to the bottom and it will tell you your market version.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Yeah, sounds like you're going into settings. You need to use the "Market" app.

Note that if you ever clear market data/cache for any reason it will reset the auto update of all of the bloatware...turns it on! Very annoying.

OP
A

AquariumMermaid

Reaction score
Guess I don't know how to go into the Market! The only Market in my lists, that I can find, is a version 2.3.4. Once I open it I can NOT do anything. There are no 4 options. I can only "clear date" or "force stop" or "cancel" or "move to sd card". All of the aforementioned are not available to be clicked!

Sorry for this confusion; I'll take this :mad: phone back to Verizon tomorrow and those sweet young people get these demons under control. I've wasted enough of my time and yours...

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, go to the list of all your apps. To get there from your homescreen, press the app drawer icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.

Scroll down to the M's. You will see a green and white shopping bag that says market under it. Select it. That's the Market.

Then press the menu button (far left button towards the bottom of your phone. It has the 4 squares on it).

A menu will pop up with 4 choices. Select My Apps. The list of all the apps on your phone will pop up.

Find Books aand select it. The first thing under the pictures of the app will say Automatic Updates. Unchecked that box. Do the same for My Verizon Mobile.

That's it. They wont automatically update after that

Boot Manager

OP
A

AquariumMermaid

Reaction score
Well, the last suggestion finally got me where I needed to be! I have unchecked the "automatic updates" box. I really have no business having
this piece of equipment as I do not know how to properly use it. Thank you for your assistance and patience.:icon_eek:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, the last suggestion finally got me where I needed to be! I have unchecked the "automatic updates" box. I really have no business having
this piece of equipment as I do not know how to properly use it. Thank you for your assistance and patience.:icon_eek:

Awesome. Glad you got it taken care of. :)

Boot Manager