Auto updates

omak42vd

Reaction score
Anyone know how to force an update over a 4g network? Today there have been two updates that wanted to update over a WiFi connection. I have it set to update over any network in the play store settings, but it still keeps telling me that I have to connect to WiFi.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
What device are you using omak? There should be an option that allows you to update via data only and/or uncheck the WiFi box when it pops up. It will still tell you WiFi is suggested or preferred, simply click through that section and a message will pop up telling you data charges will apply, click "ok" and continue. I rarely use WiFi and have updated dozens of apps via data connection only. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

S5 tap'n

OP
O

omak42vd

Reaction score
I went through the Playstore options and checked to allow auto update anytime. However, on two separate occasions, it told me that the download for the update was too big and would only download over WiFi. I could not seem to find any other settings to allow me to get around this. One of the updates was for google text to speech and the other was for OneDrive. I also do not ever use WiFi, since I still have unlimited data with Verizon. I am using the Droid Turbo.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417838067735.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1417838067735.png
    254.2 KB · Views: 166

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
You don't have to change any other settings. Simply click on it to update and proceed. It will tell you to use WiFi but you can click though that message and continue downloading via your data connection.

S5 tap'n

OP
O

omak42vd

Reaction score
Hmmmm that's what I thought, but couldn't seem to get past it. I'll see what happens the next time it does it. Thanks

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Odd. It could be an "auto update" thing. I only manually update my apps and have always been able to bypass the update via WiFi "suggestion".
Good luck!

S5 tap'n