auto text when you arrive

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by bpiach, Jan 18, 2011.

1. bpiach

bpiach New Member

Hi All.... I'm looking for an app that will automatically send a text to a predetermined number once you have reached a destination. My kids never remember to text me when they have arrived somewhere. It would be great if you could just put a specific destination in and when you get there it would send the text automatically. Kids...sheesh!!

Thanks...
  2. lyam

lyam New Member

Tasker would be my choice. It costs, but with it you get a total phone automation solution.

3. bpiach

bpiach New Member

Thanks Lyam... I'll give it a try... Looks like tasker can do a tremendous amount of things.. I just hope it's not soooo complicated that a non programing type like myself can't figure it out!
  4. takeshi

takeshi New Member

Location based profiles are a bit tricky. What people commonly come up with is using GPS to determine location but frequently using the GPS receiver will kill the battery. I'd suggest looking for an appliance-type app unless you can find someone to help you with Tasker. It does have a bit of a learning curve.
  5. Gritwater

Gritwater New Member

or you can just enforce the rules that they text when they arrive or they lose a droid and end up with a trackphone from walmart until they learn how to follow rules that are set up for good reason.

let them go one month with a track phone instead of a Droid, and I bet they'll never forget to text you when they arrive somewhere again.

Nanny apps /= good parenting

but tasker does seem to be your 2nd best option if setting and then enforcing standards isn't up your alley
  6. AngryHatter

AngryHatter Member

Tasker would do it in spades but as mentioned I think the learning curve is a bit much for your need.
Search tags for this page
android app text on arrival location
app that texts when you arrive
app to text when you arrive
auto text destination
auto text destination droid app
auto text upon arrival

auto texter

auto texter upon arrival
autotext gps location
iphone app that texts when you arrive
text me when you arrive