auto text when you arrive

bpiach

Reaction score
Hi All.... I'm looking for an app that will automatically send a text to a predetermined number once you have reached a destination. My kids never remember to text me when they have arrived somewhere. It would be great if you could just put a specific destination in and when you get there it would send the text automatically. Kids...sheesh!!

Thanks...

lyam

Reaction score
Tasker would be my choice. It costs, but with it you get a total phone automation solution.

Hi All.... I'm looking for an app that will automatically send a text to a predetermined number once you have reached a destination. My kids never remember to text me when they have arrived somewhere. It would be great if you could just put a specific destination in and when you get there it would send the text automatically. Kids...sheesh!!

Thanks...

OP
B

bpiach

Reaction score
Tasker would be my choice. It costs, but with it you get a total phone automation solution.

Thanks...
Thanks Lyam... I'll give it a try... Looks like tasker can do a tremendous amount of things.. I just hope it's not soooo complicated that a non programing type like myself can't figure it out!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Location based profiles are a bit tricky. What people commonly come up with is using GPS to determine location but frequently using the GPS receiver will kill the battery. I'd suggest looking for an appliance-type app unless you can find someone to help you with Tasker. It does have a bit of a learning curve.

Gritwater

Reaction score
or you can just enforce the rules that they text when they arrive or they lose a droid and end up with a trackphone from walmart until they learn how to follow rules that are set up for good reason.

let them go one month with a track phone instead of a Droid, and I bet they'll never forget to text you when they arrive somewhere again.

Nanny apps /= good parenting

but tasker does seem to be your 2nd best option if setting and then enforcing standards isn't up your alley

AngryHatter

Reaction score
Tasker would do it in spades but as mentioned I think the learning curve is a bit much for your need.