App that Saves/Hides Text messages

fant0m_Eris

Reaction score
Hi all,

Is there any app out there that will save/lock/hide text messages from a specific number?

I really want to pull a Tiger Woods and hide my text messages (hahaha - kidding)

But if anyone knows of an app that can take the texts from a specific number and hide them, etc that would be very helpful

allprochris

Reaction score
I use Super Private Conversation, it's free and works pretty good for this. It also has call blocking.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
I just put my girlfriend in check and tell her if I wanted her to know what's on my phone SMS, I'd read them to her....

if you don't trust me.... leave.... simple as that. I have promised you I won't cheat, and you snooping says you think I'm lieing to you... and I'm not a liar.

Apps like these and nanny apps for parent/kids scream major issues of trust, etc.

"why do I have to teach my kid responsible phone use when I can just set a V-chip for them to try and outsmart. Why do I have to enforce a "don't call this person" rule when I can just block it and pretend they won't just call it from another phone"

why work on the trust issues when it's easier to ignore them by blocking what they can see just in case they see it.

Last edited:
OP
F

fant0m_Eris

Reaction score
I just put my girlfriend in check and tell her if I wanted her to know what's on my phone SMS, I'd read them to her....

if you don't trust me.... leave.... simple as that. I have promised you I won't cheat, and you snooping says you think I'm lieing to you... and I'm not a liar.

Apps like these and nanny apps for parent/kids scream major issues of trust, etc.

"why do I have to teach my kid responsible phone use when I can just set a V-chip for them to try and outsmart. Why do I have to enforce a "don't call this person" rule when I can just block it and pretend they won't just call it from another phone"

why work on the trust issues when it's easier to ignore them by blocking what they can see just in case they see it.

haha, I agree,

But I was more or less wanting to know because whenever I go on dates with girls they ALWAYS go through my phone because they love it, haha. I'm single - so I don't have to worry - I just don't want some people seeing texts/pics from texts, hahaha :)

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score

haha, I agree,

But I was more or less wanting to know because whenever I go on dates with girls they ALWAYS go through my phone because they love it, haha. I'm single - so I don't have to worry - I just don't want some people seeing texts/pics from texts, hahaha :)

ok, touche' I actually have a password protection on my pics for that same reason. I have quite a few risque pics from any number of girls I may be talking to at any one point.... (always have a "plan B" in the wings, so if "plan A" falls through, I don't spend tomorrow night alone lol)

I actually just had one girl end things because she saw I texted a girl she hated.... fine. I didn't realize they even knew each other but glad I found out about it now, as opposed to 6 months from now.... and I'm still texting the second girl lol.
Iunderstand the issue of not trying to scare off girls on date 1, but they are going to have to learn real quick, snooping gets you to the curb real quick. People say that's why I'm not (still) married, my hard-headedness and refusing to give on issues like this... I say, it's not a marriage (or relationship) worth being in if you snoop or worry about getting snooped on

OP
F

fant0m_Eris

Reaction score
haha! nice! Yeah, I'm right there with ya, bud! Do you use photosafe?

ipawd1

Reaction score
use the APP PROTECTOR or "Protector" in the market. Allows you to password protect particular apps in your phone. Messaging, gmail, gtalk, and gallery are all locked on mine, personally.

OP
F

fant0m_Eris

Reaction score
use the APP PROTECTOR or "Protector" in the market. Allows you to password protect particular apps in your phone. Messaging, gmail, gtalk, and gallery are all locked on mine, personally.

Nice, thanks much - that will come in use for photo gallerys, etc.

bullitt1098

Reaction score
http://secondphoneapps.com/

Second Phone Apps
All the text messages from a specified person goes to a disguised (or even invisible) "application" which is also password protected and doesnt show up on your phone bill.

Hercules33

Reaction score
Hi all,

Is there any app out there that will save/lock/hide text messages from a specific number?

I really want to pull a Tiger Woods and hide my text messages (hahaha - kidding)

But if anyone knows of an app that can take the texts from a specific number and hide them, etc that would be very helpful

I'm looking for a text app that WON'T show up on the bill! The wife goes online to the V account and grills me over every call or text she doesn't recognize the number for! Is there a text app that works OUTSIDE the listable Verizon account?

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
ok, touche' I actually have a password protection on my pics for that same reason. I have quite a few risque pics from any number of girls I may be talking to at any one point.... (always have a "plan B" in the wings, so if "plan A" falls through, I don't spend tomorrow night alone lol)

I don't know an app to hide messages, but I think it'd be easter to use the vaulty app for pictures. Put all your "risque" pictures in there, and unlock your other pictures. Then if you wanna show somebody a picture... You dont have to hide your phone til you find the picture, causing more trust issues.

Just my 2 cents anyhow.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking for a text app that WON'T show up on the bill! The wife goes online to the V account and grills me over every call or text she doesn't recognize the number for! Is there a text app that works OUTSIDE the listable Verizon account?

Sounds like another relationship based upon trust and respect...
Google voice

Sent from my DROIDX

marcojak

Reaction score
The message is old but certainly the information can be useful to many.

To hide text messages you can use Safe SMS. This is the link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.HighTouch.SafeSmsLite

The application allows you to hide incoming and outgoing sms. Just choose the contacts you want to "protect" and the application does the rest.
You can also send text messages directly from the application and they will be invisible outside of the application.
Safe SMS is free so give it a try and you will surely love it.