Auto End Task not working

kyfa25

Reaction score
Does anyone use this feature? and if so, does it work for you? I have my screen time out to 10min.. I have pretty much everything set to auto end task... I wait 15min, that way I give it two min after screen time out, then go back in and check.. all my apps are still running.. Whats the point of this feature if it doesnt work? or is there a setting somewhere that I need to check box, that will enable this ? Or is it native on from teh jump? Im getting a little tired of always going in and having to end task manually on eveything.. not to mention I have apps running that I dont even use?

darci

Reaction score
I likewise have the same issue with my Razr, any feedback?

rjeatkrconley

Reaction score
My understanding of the task manager is that it only ends the tasks while your phone is sleeping. When you wake it up, the apps fire up again. It really should not be called a task manager, it's a bit misleading. More of a battery extender than anything else.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Remove all apps from the auto-end list. Do not auto-kill tasks as it is a waste of resources to do so.

ddfuji

Reaction score
Does anyone use this feature? and if so, does it work for you? I have my screen time out to 10min.. I have pretty much everything set to auto end task... I wait 15min, that way I give it two min after screen time out, then go back in and check.. all my apps are still running.. Whats the point of this feature if it doesnt work? or is there a setting somewhere that I need to check box, that will enable this ? Or is it native on from teh jump? Im getting a little tired of always going in and having to end task manually on eveything.. not to mention I have apps running that I dont even use?

Some apps are designed to always run. You terminate them and they will just fire back up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums