Attempting to unbrick my Bionic...stuck at writing 'system'

kplain

Reaction score
Exchanging Bionic for a replacement after damaging mine. It was rooted....thinking I should unroot before sending back, I started up the unroot process from R3L3AS3DRoot. It sent system fine. Now is stuck at "writing 'system'" and been there for over 10-15 minutes. How long should the write step take? Do I have any options at this point?

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
What version you coming from?

Rooted and Hot Rodded DROID BIONIC

OP
K

kplain

Reaction score
5.5.893. it was rooted under the previous version, then applied forever root to the mount script.

I finally had to kill the process last night at that step...had a good stiff drink...crossed my fingers...and pressed the power button. I appears to have completed writing system and then hung...at least I hope it wrote all of system. Anyway, it will be packaged up and sent back to Verizon tomorrow.
Thanks,

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why would you be EXCHANGING a device that YOU damaged?

OP
K

kplain

Reaction score
It's not...just did not want to get into a long description of circumstances last night. I was feeling pressure to get the thing running again.

Full story... After rebooting the phone and/or switching airplane mode on/off many times yesterday to get data back, I became frustrated with the lack of data use. So I called Verizon to complain. I explained to them I felt the problem exists within the Verizon 4G network. She (level 2&3) was not going to concede to this. She said it had to be my device and they would ship me out a replacement. I finally accepted the replacement. I'll boot it up tonight, check data connectivity, and am pretty sure I'll be calling back next week with the same complaint.

I love the phone...just need to get the boss' email message when he sends it and not when I think to restart my data connection...