Attempting to unbrick my Bionic...stuck at writing 'system'

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Tech Support' started by kplain, Jan 4, 2012.

1. kplain

kplain New Member

Exchanging Bionic for a replacement after damaging mine. It was rooted....thinking I should unroot before sending back, I started up the unroot process from R3L3AS3DRoot. It sent system fine. Now is stuck at "writing 'system'" and been there for over 10-15 minutes. How long should the write step take? Do I have any options at this point?
  2. Camoxjeep

Camoxjeep New Member

What version you coming from?

Rooted and Hot Rodded DROID BIONIC
  3. kplain

kplain New Member

5.5.893. it was rooted under the previous version, then applied forever root to the mount script.

I finally had to kill the process last night at that step...had a good stiff drink...crossed my fingers...and pressed the power button. I appears to have completed writing system and then hung...at least I hope it wrote all of system. Anyway, it will be packaged up and sent back to Verizon tomorrow.
    Thanks,
  4. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

Why would you be EXCHANGING a device that YOU damaged?
  5. kplain

kplain New Member

It's not...just did not want to get into a long description of circumstances last night. I was feeling pressure to get the thing running again.

Full story... After rebooting the phone and/or switching airplane mode on/off many times yesterday to get data back, I became frustrated with the lack of data use. So I called Verizon to complain. I explained to them I felt the problem exists within the Verizon 4G network. She (level 2&3) was not going to concede to this. She said it had to be my device and they would ship me out a replacement. I finally accepted the replacement. I'll boot it up tonight, check data connectivity, and am pretty sure I'll be calling back next week with the same complaint.

I love the phone...just need to get the boss' email message when he sends it and not when I think to restart my data connection...
Search tags for this page

getting stuck in writing system

writing system