dead brick bionic

unstoppablecarl

Reaction score
Got my bionic about 6 weeks ago. been running eclipse rom for 2 weeks without any error, got a super user update today ran the update. shortly after phone started locking up after a few min of use. I got in and uninstalled the super user update. It seemed to be ok for a few minutes then crashed and started boot looping (charge was at 50%). Now the phone is completely un responsive. No fast boot no nothing. I've tried battery in and out. fast booting with no battery while charging from the wall. I tried this: R3L3As3Droot And 43V3R Root For The Bionic V2.1 - RootzWiki but phone is just plain dead could not connect the pipe. When charging I don't see a white led some people mention, but I don't think I ever saw a white led while charging (maybe never noticed?). Is there anything left to try? what should I do if I need to replace it?

dstreng

Reaction score
have u tried power button + vol up + vol down. also power button +vol down. try pulling Sim and trying. thats about all i know

OP
U

unstoppablecarl

Reaction score
tried all that. I plugged it in at work. white led is on now. don't know if that means anything.

OP
U

unstoppablecarl

Reaction score
so I left it charging now when I plug it in the white led stays on only for a few min, I guess that means it is charged? I still cant get any response from to trying to boot/fastboot tried everything. Can someone please tell me what I should do? If I need to replace it what should I do? file it missing or turn it in?

turflife2

Reaction score
Sounds to me like the battery is dead and won't charge... I had to cut and strip the wires on a USB cable to directly charge the battery in my bricked Droid X. You'll have to get that battery charged (or buy another one) in order to get into bootloader mode.