AT&T Introduces 'Next' Plan; Users can Upgrade Their Devices Once Per Year & More

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Must admit that when some smooth talking salesman laid out his spill and "understood" me I seemed to forget how to do math. Called stupid tax and I am paying for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Lifehacker spells out what you already know:
http://lifehacker.com/are-at-t-and-t-mobiles-frequent-upgrade-plans-worth-it-814398856

These prices are very steep. AT&T would recover probably about half of what these phones retail for after a year (you don't own either one!). So a fair price would be something like $30 a month (nothing upfront) for a total of $360 a year, but there's already $10-$15 built into to pay for your subsidized phone.

So what they've really done is tricked people into giving up their subsidy while still continuing to charge for it.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Or we as Americans can stop being so materialistic .
certainly you jest :big smile: Americans and materialism are the best of friends. Shiny new "Stuff" is our drug of choice and the Corporations happily provide us with that fix. That's a whole other story and thread though

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
certainly you jest :big smile: Americans and materialism are the best of friends. Shiny new "Stuff" is our drug of choice and the Corporations happily provide us with that fix. That's a whole other story and thread though

Well it's better than smoking crack, I guess. But could you imagine what the posts on the crack forums would say?! A rumor mill about new types of crack. Forum members disappearing. People complaining about bad crack. People griping about dealers locking-down customers. Crack hacks to get better performance from your crack. Crack reviews...

T'would be awesome.