1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

AT&T Data Plan Scareware: Beyond Our Comfort Level

Discussion in 'Droid Forums Member News Depot' started by Byakushiki, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Byakushiki

Byakushiki New Member

Ethan McKinney in Business on July 29 9 Comments Share Tags: AT&T, T-Mobile

http://www.conceivablytech.com/8582/business/att-data-plan-scareware-beyond-our-comfort-level
    AT&T Data Plan Scareware: Beyond Our Comfort Level

If you blackmail someone, you most likely end up in jail. If you are AT&T,
    you may get T-Mobile and a monopoly: In an unprecedented move,
    AT&T said that it will be throttling the bandwidth of some of the remaining unlimited data plan users and
    indicated that only the approval of the T-Mobile merger might solve its bandwidth problems.
    Honestly, we haven't heard such a boatload of garbage in a long time.

We have to admit it is a gutsy move. The AT&T message in a few words, I am paraphrasing:
    "Dear U.S. government, we are somewhat tired of the questioning our acquisition of T-Mobile.
    Give us what we want, or we have to kill the unlimited data plan we once agreed to.
    On second thought, we'll kill it anyway, and think of something else, if you don't give us T-Mobile."

So, what do you guys think?
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  2. zachdroid

zachdroid New Member

Sounds like they are trying to throw their weight around. Are we sure at&t isn't owned by apple? The sounds like something they would do.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  3. zomnomnombie

zomnomnombie Active Member

That is so absurdly ridiculous. Why would any company think that is at all acceptable?

Sent from my R2 unit using DroidForums
  4. FernBch

FernBch New Member

Because they have lots of $$ and think they can.............

My DroidX Thrives on the DarkSlide!!