AT&T Abruptly Suspends The 5.1 Update For The 1st Gen Moto X

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-x-2014-first-impressions-4-of-18.jpg

Many of you were super pumped to find out that AT&T had finally approved the 5.1 update for the fist gen Moto X. As it turns out you were probably so excited that you jumped on the update as soon as you could. We have seen some botched updates in the past. This is why carriers normally send the updates out in batches. The first several thousand that accept the update are like the guinea pigs, if there is a problem with the update they will be sure to let it be known, and this keeps all users from having the bad experience.

There was a bad update for the Iphone 6 early on that basically rendered the phone useless. While the 5.1 update for the Moto X did not render the phone useless, it did present some new and annoying bugs. AT&T did not give a list of bugs present in this update, only that they needed time to iron them out. They have temporarily suspended the update. AT&T looks to have the update live again as soon as possible.

via AT&T

alicia78

Banned
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SamSung S5
I agree that that iPhone 6 update was bad update, I did tried to transfer content on it and I failed... I have used 5.1 version its not bad...but It should not be delayed too much.