Lollipop Soaktest Comes for Verizon's 1st Gen Moto X

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I received mine a bit ago as well...so far so good!

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
just wondering, first gen verizon moto x was the 2013 right? is that article picture lying to me....

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
just wondering, first gen verizon moto x was the 2013 right? is that article picture lying to me....
Yes, 1st gen Moto X is the 2013 model and yes that's the wrong phone pictured. Funny, I didn't notice that it was the wrong phone until you pointed it out.

It's day two on 5.1. Let's see how battery life is at the end of the day but I know it may take a few days for everything to settle in. So far the only change I really don't like is that now I can't turn 4g on and off using Pie Control. When I try it, it only takes me to the data settings page. I have to turn it on from there. It's only one extra step and I'm on WiFi most of the time anyway but it's still slightly annoying.

Last edited:

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I did a reset last night just because and it seems a little better. Overall very happy with the update so far.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You know... what's funny is, when I posted that pic, I thought it looked wrong, but that's what the Google search came up with. It can be a pain to keep up with all the different looks for hundreds of devices! :)

It's fixed now.

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
You know... what's funny is, when I posted that pic, I thought it looked wrong, but that's what the Google search came up with. It can be a pain to keep up with all the different looks for hundreds of devices! :)

It's fixed now.
here to keep you sane!
or just look like an internet douche.....

for the reccord i'm on xt1053? i think? the unlocked version if i recall. i havnt had any issues other than the initial update but that i blame on teh poor signal with the country i am deployed in. my wife on the other hand was never able to connect to wifi again.. factory resets, wipes of the cache. i actually just bought her the new moto g.

i myself am still loving it on my phone. i havnt seen any noticable change in battery life. i do play ingress and a lot of games during my down time out here so battery goes quick.

my biggest thing is the screen auto brightness doesnt feel like it changes that much so i usually use the slider in the drop down.

Mark_V

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto G4 Plus
I've heard some have had issues with the phone getting hot when it was updating and charging at the same time. Keep an eye on your phone temps. Mine is sitting on a cloth ice pack as it updates and charges.

Both mine and my wife's got pretty hot when updating but no real issues. The ice pack is a good idea.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I wonder if they're ever going to do the maxx???? Lol

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
They will probably update maxx before they update xperia z3v which was released at end of 2014.

Mark_V

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto G4 Plus
My battery life sucks after the update.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My battery life sucks after the update.
Mines been about the same, maybe a tad better, but that could be an illusion. It's definitely not worse.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Highly doubt it at this point.
Which is pretty bad...I think they probably will at some point..they didn't give that phone 2 years of updates..well..as I see it..but that's my opinion..

Claps1775

Reaction score
How good is lollipop? Have not messed with it other then on our tablet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk