Asus Padfone X Commercial Pushes the Boundaries on Terrible to New Heights

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;klU6740YO4Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klU6740YO4Y[/video]​

Asus makes great products, but they need to fire AT&T from ever doing marketing for them again. The above AT&T Padfone X video commercial is so utterly lame, the other guys in the office thought I had gone crazy from laughing so hard. This commercial wants us to believe that girls are stupid and the Padfone X will help you score with them in the lamest way possible... It apparently thinks we are all stupid enough to believe something so trite and sexist.

I haven't seen anything so atrocious and ridiculous since LG's bizarre and disgusting G Flex ad, which you can find here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/an...urbing-disgusting-g-flex-commercial-ever.html. [*I just noticed that the gross LG G Flex video has been removed. For those who have not seen it, count yourself lucky!]

While the LG takes the crown in grossing you out, this new commercial from Asus and AT&T might be worse because it actually takes itself seriously. At least the LG ad seems to be going for a macabre humor angle and makes a big impact.

This ad is so insulting it deserves the dreaded "Double Facepalm!"

double-facepalm-stng.jpg

Last edited:

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
:icon_eek:

So...

all I needed the whole time I was out finding Ms. Right (now) was an Asus Padfone or equivalent??? Doh!

jspradling7

Reaction score
That made me wonder what WOULD be a good commercial for a smartphone. Budweiser has the Clydesdales... Geico has the gecko... loser on a parkbench showing his dog pics.. wtf.

How about a scene of real life uses? 6 people at dinner and all so totally absorbed in the device that they ignore each other. No, that's not good. Oh, how about in church and everyone playing angry birds during the sermon... no, that's not good either. Ah-Ha! A whole freeway of cars and everyone texting instead of watching where they're going? Nope. You know, it would be hard to make a catchy commercial showing real life use of a smartphone. : )

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
How about someone walking through the mall texting and falling into a fountain...oh yeah, already done, but real life, not a commercial. How about five adults sitting around the living room playing on their smartphones while little four year old Johnny plays with matches and lights the couch on fire. Yeah, you're right. Real life isn't that pretty.

tedZilla99

Reaction score
I think you may have overreacted - I didn't see it that way at all, just showing off the tablet thing, not a commentary on girls being dumb as you put it. It's lame, yes, but sexist? Not hardly.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
It's still lame.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Hey my current gf met me at my tax accountant by asking if I liked dogs and then showing me a funny dog/cat video.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Macktion

DF News Team
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
... Those two videos are just... The worst...

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

Valvoline

Reaction score
That LG one is just awful. And the pfx ad is sexist if you ask me. Or an insult to legally blind people. She obviously had no idea she was looking at a picture of a dog.
Lol. Small picture of a dog = not a chance.
Large picture of a dog = your a hero.
Wot?

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
this commercial?

[video=youtube;6pZEB_w-v_4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pZEB_w-v_4[/video]

That's the one... I would ask how you found that and like your post for finding it, but that would be like thanking you for finding an old bucket of freeze-dried vomit.