Astrid Update

DarrellM5

Reaction score
Downloaded the update for Astrid and lost all of my tasks!! :icon_evil:

Also having problems with the widget.

Before you update, write down your tasks.

This sucks! Looks like other people are having problems with it as well according to recent comments on the market.

BuglessFan

Reaction score
Is it on the market now? I've been using the beta for a week or so now (whenever they tweeted out the link). It kept all my tasks, and I've been syncing them to RTM anyway. The only issues I've had is an occasional hang on scheduled sync with RTM (manually syncing clears the error) and the Agenda Widget and Locale widgets don't work with the beta. I didn't lose a single task, though, even before syncing.

If you're worried about losing your tasks, don't go 1975 and write them down, sync them with RTM before you upgrade.

onmyway

Reaction score
One of those places where we have a lot of sweet t
Current Phone Model
G N 4
I downloaded the new update last night. I like the new interface so I hammered out a set of tasks (at least eleven). I went to sleep around 11:30 PM expecting those early reminders not to forget shoes, tell the boy to pack for friends sleepover....NO tasks...no reminders. Sigh........

So I looked it over today to make sure I didn't overlook something and entered a task without a reminder.....It reminded me. Murphy's Law.

Something odd is going on with it today though because I've seen three or four force close/shut down messages come in and I am not utilizing it. Alas task killer nay sayers......I am going to shut it down! Happy Friday to you all.

onmyway

Reaction score
One of those places where we have a lot of sweet t
Current Phone Model
G N 4
I sent a note off to Astrid. Though the task list I created never made it to a back up the support and response received is hard to find. I give them an A++ for support, response and help.

I am going to change the time between back ups.

Cappuchica

Reaction score
It seems like a lot of people had their tasks deleted with the update. Fortunately I didn't. I think the update is fine, I just wish you could set a specific time/date for a reminder like the older version. Oh well, it's free.

re747

Reaction score
ugh since the update my widget is all messed up.
right after I updated I had to delete and re-add my widget to my homescreen. no big deal. seemed like everything was fine. until i tried to delete a task. when I delete a task, instead of disappearing from the widget, it shows up 3 or 4 times. and when I add a new task it doesn't show up at all. if I open the app, everything looks totally fine, but the widget is all wonky. I have to delete and re-add it every single time I add or delete a task. so frustrating.
if anyone has a good alternative let me know. I can't keep dealing with this crap, and though I wouldn't mind paying for the new astrid "add-ons" simply because it's the best to-do app I've found, there's no way I'm paying for it when I don't even know if the widget (my most used feature) will work.

BuglessFan

Reaction score
Weird. I'd definitely contact the dev about it; as noted above, they are really responsive and care about the app.

In the mean time, you might try the Agenda Widget. I actually use it because I like to see both my Astrid tasks and appointments together, but you could use it just for the Astrid tasks. I have the display tweaked to show the priority colors from Astrid. Right now the add task feature is busted, but I know the Astrid team knows about the bug and I think is working with that dev on it. It lets you click to go to the tasks though and to mark them as complete.

jaba14

Reaction score
I'm using the Pure Calendar widget to display my Astrid tasks on my calendar, and since the update, they aren't showing up on the Pure Calendar widget. They are showing up on the Astrid widget though.

Anyone have the same problem?