Astrid will not stop downloading

rollerd

Reaction score
Astrid will not stop downloading (solved)

I tried to do the Astrid update and now it won't stop downloading. I have removed the app, turned off my Droid, removed the battery, but everytime I turn my Droid 2.2 back on and look at the market, it shows the Astrid downloading and will not stop. It causes the battery to run down quickly.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I tried to do the Astrid update and now it won't stop downloading. I have removed the app, turned off my Droid, removed the battery, but everytime I turn my Droid 2.2 back on and look at the market, it shows the Astrid downloading and will not stop. It causes the battery to run down quickly.

Try this: Settings/applications/manage applications/all applications/download manager/force stop.

OP
R

rollerd

Reaction score
Force stop doesn't highlight so I can select it.

BuglessFan

Reaction score
Actually, when I've had things get stuck in the market, going into Market in the manage applications and clearing the cache worked just fine. It's almost certainly not actually downloading, but the indication is "stuck". If clearing the cache doesn't do it, clearing data for the market certainly will (and does no harm beyond losing your search history in the drop down).

OP
R

rollerd

Reaction score
Thanks Buglessfan, that fixed the problem. Had to clear out the data file.

danielrm2457

Reaction score
I have also had to make sure that "Allow Automatic Update" was not ticked. Although my phone (#5 refurbished of course) is not happy with Root or any type of modding (Thank God, it keeps me busy playing with it and trying new stuff).