As much as I like how fast dark slide is...

WeedR

Reaction score
I might have to go back to stock. I don't like the lockscreen, notification bar, notification pulldown, and the keyboard. Is there anyway to retheme those or anything? I'm really just looking for something simple. Thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

dx1881

Reaction score
Wow darkslide is solid..but you might want to look into fission 2.5.7 its an aosp build and its stock froyo or gingerbread. From its own rom manager you can add many additional features and goodies as you please..oh and its fusion build adds blur. Have fun:)..

Dxgummyjar2.5
1.15ghz, GB transparent theme

pyroelite

Reaction score
Changing themes is much easier than changing roms, esp if the only thing you don't like is from a visual standpoint...

from my DX

OP
W

WeedR

Reaction score
I can't seem to find any themes for darkslide though. Any suggestions on where to look?

MrKleen

Reaction score
Ya that keyboard is very annoying. Decent rom though.

OP
W

WeedR

Reaction score
Do you have any idea how to change the notification bar, lockscreen, and boot logo?

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do you have any idea how to change the notification bar, lockscreen, and boot logo?

My suggestion, pick a new ROM....? People have applied other themes, Tron for example, but always switch back. Why you ask? Cause there is no themed ROM out there more complete than Darkslide. If you don't like the lockscreen, turn it off. Or install the invisible one they provide. You can change the keyboard to any of the 5 they provide. I'm having a real hard time believing you can't find something that works for you.

As for the notification bar....there are all kind of people posting options for that over at the DS thread at MDW.

And I have have made hundreds of boot logo's for people in the hacks section here, check it out. The options are infinite :)

Boot logo's here>>>http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/91707-droid-x-custom-boot-logo-ill-create.html

Here's the keyboard I use right now, love it!

//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\

Attachments

• CAP201101100929.jpg
    CAP201101100929.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 435

MrKleen

Reaction score
This is a great rom, and it was no problem to switch out the keyboard.

scorpio333

Reaction score

What exactly are you looking to change on the notifications bar? The color of the bar, the icons on it, color of clock?

I find DS to be a great base to work off. Don't think you'll find a silver bullet of a ROM/theme, everyone has different tastes. IMO pick one that has some support and some staying power. I ran Apex before DS and considered trying Tranquility. Lots of people like to pat themselves on the back and say the ROM they run is the best. Ford vs Chevy - Eddie Van Halen vs Jimmy Page - my dad vs you dad - my ROM vs your ROM - whatever it's all opinion and a waste of time to argue over.

After you get a good understanding of creating backups and restoring them look into using ninjamorph, metamorph, and or adb to change out the things you don't care for. Be patient, there's a lot of info out there to absorb, lots of mistakes to be made - it all builds experience and confidence.

pyroelite

Reaction score
Yup, ninamorph... New project - navigate to system/framework & select the framework-res.apk to edit.

It will unzip the file. Click the framework-resapk/res/drawable-hdpi/
Scroll all the way down to status_bar_background.png, long press on it & choose edit. Drag the red, blue, or green sliders til you get a color of your liking. Hit menu button & save.

If you want to replace, say battery icons from another theme, you need to have the theme you are copying from already unzipped in a folder on your sd card. Maybe just pull the icons out that you will be using (from in same folder structure as above - drawable-hdpi folder)

When you are finished with all the icons you want to edit, back out to the main menu in ninjamorph & finish project. It will recompile.

from my DX

luv2increase

Reaction score
Changing themes is much easier than changing roms, esp if the only thing you don't like is from a visual standpoint...

from my DX

Yeah but darkslide is full of bloatware in the interior of the OS. Sure, you don't see it on the outside, but open up any task manager and see of the motorola crap running in the background slowing things up to a virtual crawl when having lots of apps open...

MrKleen

Reaction score

from my DX

Yeah but darkslide is full of bloatware in the interior of the OS. Sure, you don't see it on the outside, but open up any task manager and see of the motorola crap running in the background slowing things up to a virtual crawl when having lots of apps open...

LOL. You had some sort of problem with your install then. Darkslide is the fastest rom I've used so far. Not sure why you had issues.

luv2increase

Reaction score

from my DX

LOL. You had some sort of problem with your install then. Darkslide is the fastest rom I've used so far. Not sure why you had issues.

It is as fast as the stock Droid X which is a decent speed but once you experience something like Rubix and Fission, you realize the huge discrepancy in speed.

MrKleen

Reaction score

It is as fast as the stock Droid X which is a decent speed but once you experience something like Rubix and Fission, you realize the huge discrepancy in speed.

I am convinced that each DX is not the same as the next. So thankfully there are many rom options available so everybody can find what they like and what works best for them. I bounce around from rom to rom and have used them all and while the roms without any blur are fast, they are missing a few things that I prefer having. I like the blur email and alarm clock... :) For me Darkslide seems to be very quick... although I don't like some of the styling... but that's ok.

The new Liberty rom is very nice and it allowed me to add the Blur alarm clock, but not the Blur email.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

I am convinced that each DX is not the same as the next. So thankfully there are many rom options available so everybody can find what they like and what works best for them. I bounce around from rom to rom and have used them all and while the roms without any blur are fast, they are missing a few things that I prefer having. I like the blur email and alarm clock... :) For me Darkslide seems to be very quick... although I don't like some of the styling... but that's ok.

The new Liberty rom is very nice and it allowed me to add the Blur alarm clock, but not the Blur email.

+1

And like I posted on the Fission thread below, speed??? How fast does

one need their phone to be? I'm a pretty smart cookie and can process info

pretty darn fast. And I'll tell you what, I don't even see a problem on how quick

an out of the box DX runs. This is why Overclocking on a phone is ridiculous.

PC, yes. Droid, no. Gaming (PC), yes. Phone calls and web surfing (phone), no.

And everyone's phone does run differently with different setups and ROM's. I

don't say one is better than the other. All I can say is how good MINE runs on

MY phone :)

And I can assure you....there is no hidden "bloatware" on my phone.