ARGHHH!!!! Cant delete songs from the phone, nor can I find them hooked up to PC

jimmythegent

Reaction score
How frustrating is this????

I have this dumb Eminem album I want OFF my phone, I took out the SD card, so I know its not on there, but... I cannot delete it. However, if this helps... I DID download it from the playstore.

ALSO, there are other songs on there, that are stored on the PHONE that I not only cannot delete, but cannot find.

Im getting more and more depressed with this phone... this is phone good feature I enjoy with my bluetooth stereo in my car, is the capability of listening to my music (sounds like a CD)

Please, can someone help? I know Ill be told to download some 3rd party app, but any suggestions on an EASY one?

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
255 views on this question and no answers, please Google, update your stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Im not entirely sure on this, but I believe, if you buy a song, or download a song from Play, they "keep" a copy on their server and make it available to you from anywhere. I think what you are seeing is that file on the server, not your phone.

Maybe?

Hope that helps

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
I was going to say what ^^ they said. If you are using google play then they are most likely not on your phone but on Google's server.

If you want to double check get a file explorer. A good free one is ES File Explorer, and search through your internal storage (since you removed the SD Card and you know its not on there.) If they are on your phone then they would most likely be in the download or music folder.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I hate to say it Jimmy... if you aren't going to heavily get into buying music from Google... I would try a different music app. I know this frustrates you that "there's an app for that" whenever something happens that you don't like but us longtime Android heads.... that's WHY we like Android.
This app doesn't do what you want? Try another. Or another. Or another. Or another....

THis doesn't work like that on an iPhone.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's downloaded to your phone.. But it's kinda hidden.. To download the actual file in a manner you can use it.. Is to download it from the music library in google play music to your computer... Otherwise it'll just be a part of the apps data.. To delete the files on your phone.. Go to settings/apps/Google play music and delete data.. It'll have up to about 2 gigs of cached data of music

"Who are you people and where is my horse?"

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
I hate to say it Jimmy... if you aren't going to heavily get into buying music from Google... I would try a different music app. I know this frustrates you that "there's an app for that" whenever something happens that you don't like but us longtime Android heads.... that's WHY we like Android.
This app doesn't do what you want? Try another. Or another. Or another. Or another....

THis doesn't work like that on an iPhone.

I don't mind getting other apps. Just I noticed a lot of these free apps come with annoying advertisement banners and who knows what else its doing.

Find me a solid music player that's free and had no ads and I'm down. An app that I have to pay for just to listen to my already loaded music = not cool