Apps on SD Card vs Phone during Upgrade to Gingerbread

jgimondo

Reaction score
When I got the Froyo update, a lot of my apps disappeared. Some were able to be redownloaded from Market, but a number of them (Angry Birds, etc) didn't have the completed levels saved, and similar issues. Is it better to have these types of apps on my SD card permanently, or just for the upgrade, or is there some better way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
When you got the Froyo update? You must be a new owner! Welcome to the phone that has been pleasing me since Xmas.

As for game data, normally the game's data for levels played are stored on your SD card, that way you never lose progress.. I haven't run into any problems with this when going between Froyo and Gingerbread and back to Froyo again to wait for official OTA.

If your saves are gone, maybe you could try going back to the version you were running and move those saves to the SD card, if they weren't there already.

Chimuel

Reaction score
When you got the Froyo update? You must be a new owner! Welcome to the phone that has been pleasing me since Xmas.
As for game data, normally the game's data for levels played are stored on your SD card, that way you never lose progress.. I haven't run into any problems with this when going between Froyo and Gingerbread and back to Froyo again to wait for official OTA.
If your saves are gone, maybe you could try going back to the version you were running and move those saves to the SD card, if they weren't there already.

Oh, I think you misread... he said "When I got the Froyo update" not "I just got the Froyo update" ...regardless, welcome to the forums!

Most games don't save data to the SD card (heck, most apps don't). So just suck it up... it's just a game. Even if you move the games to the SD card I don't think it'll ever save your game data there... just the program (I wouldn't really know, I don't see a point in saving apps on the SD card when I have 8gigs of internal storage).

Oh, and going back to your previous firmware will erase everything... seeing that when you SBF down, the phone is restored to "from factory" setup.