Apps not in the Marketplace

Androidatic

Reaction score
Are some apps blocked by Verizon? I have searched for DroidESPN and Camera Zoom FX and neither will show up when I search for them. I even scan the QR code and and the search comes up blank.

Anyone else experience anything like this?

Nonie3234

Reaction score
Me too!

I've only noticed one. I got the TerraTime trial for free. I like it so much, I want to go ahead and purchase it, but the Market can't locate it. So...they have the free trial, but no way to buy the full version.

Perhaps it is a 1.5 issue?

xfeathersx

Reaction score
Here this might help ya out...

License for using TerraTime beyond the 7 day free trial period. TerraTime is a Round 2 finalist in ADC2 and offers an interactive 3D globe, daylight clock w/widget, and realtime world map live wallpaper.

Please install - and do NOT uninstall - TerraTime Trial (see my other apps) before purchasing this license.

I found this in the market...Not sure where you guys are looking, dang...

OfTheDamned

Reaction score
If you have trouble finding something in the market you can also try looking on androlib.com and using the barcode scanner. This should take you directly to the app in the market on your phone.

Nonie3234

Reaction score
No, really! My phone can't find it!

I tried purchasing it directly from the link in the app - not found. I tried searching in the marketplace, nothing. Can't be found. I promise.

I sent an email to the contact on the app's website.

SMZ2

Reaction score
Yeah i was looking up fishocopter its a game haha and it wasn't on the Eris' Android market either

bheller

Reaction score
Sorry to dredge this thread up, but something must be going on. There are LOTS of apps I can't seem to find in the Market with a search-- Droidlight, ActionComplete, Compare Everywhere, several others I've looked-up. I'm a very newbie, so what am I missing here?

Thanks,
Brian

CatsTide

Reaction score
if the apps are moto droid only will they still show up for you?...just a thought

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if the apps are moto droid only will they still show up for you?...just a thought

bheller - CatsTide may be right. I can find them in the market (in fact there are two DroidLight apps -one is labeled ++). Maybe it's based on availability by phone type?

bheller

Reaction score
Thanks...I thought about that-- Wasn't sure but is plausable. But aside from hardware differences, I thought apps are 'universal' with the Droid. Apparently not?

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks...I thought about that-- Wasn't sure but is plausable. But aside from hardware differences, I thought apps are 'universal' with the Droid. Apparently not?

Well, all I know is I can find them and you can't so maybe so. :(

JKib

Reaction score
I have access to a Droid and Eris (both Verizon). The Droid's Marketplace does have some apps that do not show on the Eris. One example is Shapewriter. For the Droid it's 3.0, but 3.0 can't be found for the Eris.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

I've thought about that myself. For example, in Androlib.com I was looking for a game like Zuma. I found Bonsai Blast. But it didn't show up when I looked on the Market, even using the QR code. I had heard that it wasn't compatible with the Droid, so that's why I didn't see it in the Market. I was guessing that when you applied to put an app in the Market, you had a check list for compatible phones. If the phone you owned wasn't checked, it wouldn't show up in the Market when you searched using your phone.

Last edited: