Apps in background still running

dunetigger

Reaction score
I keep using the app killer and within like 10-20 minutes all the stuff starts to run in the back ground again. WHY? Do I really have to use the app killer every 20 minutes to keep the battery all day. why will it not just work the first time and stay that way. some of the stuff I have nt ever used but it is running in the back ground.

Frank

jimnutt

Reaction score
I can almost guarantee that those background tasks are not using CPU or battery. They're idle, you don't need to worry about them. There's an entire thread on this (which I don't have a link to at the moment), but suffice it to say that background tasks on Android, in general, don't use system resources unless they are actively doing something. If you're having problems with battery life, check "Settings | About Phone | Battery use" to see what is actually using the battery. You'll probably find it's the display, turning down the brightness will usually help in that case. Also, in areas of low signal strength, the cell phone radio will drain the battery fairly quickly whilst looking for a signal.

Reaction score
Sigh, do a search. There are literally dozens of threads about this.

Stop using the task killer, its only making things worse. Android starts up background tasks for a reason, stop making it run in circles.

Also, my name is frank too! *high five*

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

mikes

Reaction score
I keep using the app killer and within like 10-20 minutes all the stuff starts to run in the back ground again. WHY?
If you don't want things running, just turn your phone off. Problem solved.

brando56894

Reaction score
lol @ mikes

If the processes keep respawning, theyre probably supposed to be running and shouldnt be killed.

Another_Dude

Reaction score
You are using more battery having those programs killed and then restarting than you would if you just let the system be.

Trust the Android system. Trust the Android system. Repeat as necessary.