Apps for root users

jwalz

Reaction score
Hi everyone im a newby that just rooted and am wondering wut free apps r out there that are a must have for root users? And another newby question...wireless tethering means wut?

bignasty407

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Tether let's you use your phone to connect to wifi from a laptop or another device

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

bignasty407

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
As for apps titanium back up. Rom manager. Both have free versions. I recommend buying the paid versions though. Support the devs

OP
J

jwalz

Reaction score
As for apps titanium back up. Rom manager. Both have free versions. I recommend buying the paid versions though. Support the devs

I def wana support however I need to check it out n wen I get to use it more n c more things ill def buy a few

OP
J

jwalz

Reaction score
Wut else can I do now being rooted

xliderider

Reaction score
Get Bootstrapper and definitely make a backup before doing anything else like overclocking, installing custom roms/themes, etc.

RoOoLeR's Guide ROOT / UNROOT / BACKUP / ROM / SBF / OVERCLOCK

If I backup now though aren't I backing up in root mode? Don't I wana unroot then backup then root again?

Stock recovery doesn't allow you to backup. Yes, you will have a backup of the rooted stock, but you can always flash the maderstcok.zip file if you want to go back to OEM (unrooted) stock froyo.

OP
J

jwalz

Reaction score
Get Bootstrapper and definitely make a backup before doing anything else like overclocking, installing custom roms/themes, etc.

If I backup now though aren't I backing up in root mode? Don't I wana unroot then backup then root again?

Stock recovery doesn't allow you to backup. Yes, you will have a backup of the rooted stock, but you can always flash the maderstcok.zip file if you want to go back to OEM (unrooted) stock froyo.

Ok so im sry for all the questions but then wuts best to unroot n backup or just backup while in stock root?

OP
J

jwalz

Reaction score

My fault I miss read ur post

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Must have Root Apps...IMO

These really are IMO must haves...

1) Droid X Recovery Bootstrap - $2.00...worth $20 for the hassles it can save you from. Allows User back-ups of the phone, installling .zip files from the SD Card and Update .zip files.

2) ShootMe - $0.00 - screen grab application...comes in handy when posting your customizations for others to check out...does not watermark the image like DropCap.

3) Titanium Back-Up + Pro - $0.00 + $5.83 - App for backing up apps and app data, freezing "bloatware" carrier apps.

4) Set CPU For Root Users - $2.00 - Allows downclocking of the processor to save battery depletion and possibly prolong device/battery life.

5)
TeamBlackHat Download Manager - Off Market At This Time...Just Google this app to see what it can do...GingerBread leak came from here if thats any clue, as well as the super kick-ass full 2.3.340 SBF file.

6) z4Root - $0.00...Easiest method so far for rooting Droid X..as well as un-rooting Droid X...makes the use of all the above apps possible.

There ya go..6 apps that can make your phone better than what Verizon and Moto sold you...if you use them according to the directions and pay attention to what you are doing...:)

OP
J

jwalz

Reaction score
These really are IMO must haves...

1) Droid X Recovery Bootstrap - $2.00...worth $20 for the hassles it can save you from. Allows User back-ups of the phone, installling .zip files from the SD Card and Update .zip files.

2) ShootMe - $0.00 - screen grab application...comes in handy when posting your customizations for others to check out...does not watermark the image like DropCap.

3) Titanium Back-Up + Pro - $0.00 + $5.83 - App for backing up apps and app data, freezing "bloatware" carrier apps.

4) Set CPU For Root Users - $2.00 - Allows downclocking of the processor to save battery depletion and possibly prolong device/battery life.

5)
TeamBlackHat Download Manager - Off Market At This Time...Just Google this app to see what it can do...GingerBread leak came from here if thats any clue, as well as the super kick-ass full 2.3.340 SBF file.

6) z4Root - $0.00...Easiest method so far for rooting Droid X..as well as un-rooting Droid X...makes the use of all the above apps possible.

There ya go..6 apps that can make your phone better than what Verizon and Moto sold you...if you use them according to the directions and pay attention to what you are doing...:)

That was the best replyd I ever got thanks a bunch