Applications won't download

grimloktt

Reaction score
For some reason, I click on an app to download/update but it won't actually start. It just shows "starting download" with the horizontal barber's pole but never actually starts. I've downloaded from this WiFi location before. Thoughts?

R

Romple

I've actually had this happen to me while I was on WiFi. Once I turned it off and used 3G it downloaded right away.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I only have widi where I'm at...

It seems to be a more and more common problem. I suspect, though, that it's not related to 3g vs wifi, but to load on the Google servers. I've noticed much more delay since the Incredible came out and I suspect the widespread update of the Eris to 2.1 may also have had an impact.

I virtually ALWAYS download apps via wifi (and I update as many as eight to ten apps a day.) What I've noticed is that the download speed is highly variable but I've never failed to get an update eventually.

Of course, this sometimes involves my canceling the download and starting over. Whether I would have gotten the download just as quickly if I had had more patience is impossible to say.

In short, I don't think switching to 3G makes a difference. I've found that starting over at least makes me feel like I'm no longer being ignored.