app2sd nooby question

arasky

Reaction score
i tried searching but couldnt find my answer. I have jrummys new 4.0.7 btw. I have a ton of games saved on my droid and i obviously want to move them to sd to clear up space. I'm always getting the phone memory low notification. I used titanium back to force some games, including adobe air to sd to clear space since i couldnt do it under applications-manage applications-move to sd. my question is do i need to partition my sd in order to enable app2sd natively? when i have setInstallLocation to 0, it NEVER saves to sd, but when i changed it to 2 it saves them in the sd like it should. I never partitioned my sd, so idk if i dont have to or not.

also, when i search for my apps that are in my sd i cant find the folder/file that they are under?

thanks

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nope, you do not need to partition the sd card. Froyo uses a different method for apps2sd than Cyanogen. Just based on these leaks of 2.2 for the Droid, I think Cyanogen's method is much more stable.

OP
A

arasky

Reaction score
i cant find where theyre saved at on the sd, and they still never save to the sd automatically, only when its on 2 (ext only), but its fine for now since i moved them over