Apps2sd question

telly

Reaction score
I have a few things that I am very curious about concerning moving apps to the sd card.

I am running the new cyanogen 6 rc1 on Droid using Chevy no1 1ghz.

When I was using Kangerade 4.0 I could move my apps to the sd via Titanium Backup and some of them via apps2sd. While using that, I could also move the ones that app2sd allowed in the "manage applications" setting as well.
Now on this rom I can move any of my apps via "manage settings" but I notice that it cuts the size almost in half on some, and the majority of space on some other apps. What I am curious about is why does it show a size change? Is that what is still on the internal? Is my phone just messing with me? I would think that the size wouldn't change at all, or it would go to 0. Everything seems to work fine though, so I'm not really worried, just want to learn why.

Also, it should be noted that I never partitioned my SD card. Could that have any effect? What is the purpose of partitioning an sd card? What downfalls do I risk by not doing the partition?

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have a few things that I am very curious about concerning moving apps to the sd card.

I am running the new cyanogen 6 rc1 on Droid using Chevy no1 1ghz.

When I was using Kangerade 4.0 I could move my apps to the sd via Titanium Backup and some of them via apps2sd. While using that, I could also move the ones that app2sd allowed in the "manage applications" setting as well.
Now on this rom I can move any of my apps via "manage settings" but I notice that it cuts the size almost in half on some, and the majority of space on some other apps. What I am curious about is why does it show a size change? Is that what is still on the internal? Is my phone just messing with me? I would think that the size wouldn't change at all, or it would go to 0. Everything seems to work fine though, so I'm not really worried, just want to learn why.

Also, it should be noted that I never partitioned my SD card. Could that have any effect? What is the purpose of partitioning an sd card? What downfalls do I risk by not doing the partition?

Froyo apps2sd doesn't require a partion, and yes it's what is left of the app on internal storage, normal.