App Question

melibba

Reaction score
This week I busted the screen on my DInc and got a replacement. I'm trying to get everything back like I had it before and I had this one app that I used alot but can't remember the name and can't find it anywhere. It was made by Google (well Google was in the name), it has a black and red icon and it was a device search, that you draw with your fingers the letters of what your looking for and it one-by-one paired down your search results until you found what you were looking for. Anyone?

Also is there no way to back up or store all of my apps, so this isn't a problem (like iTunes does).

Last edited:

xliderider

Reaction score
Astro and Titanium Backup will put a copy of the application's apk file in your sd card. I have 2 apps now that aren't available in the market any more, but they work fine from the backup files.

Titanium Backup requires root, Astro does not.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
question about astro's app backup capabilities. when you restore your backups you'll still be notified of updates to them right?

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
question about astro's app backup capabilities. when you restore your backups you'll still be notified of updates to them right?
Only if you are rooted. The app (TB , astro, my back up pro) all need root for "market corrections"

Ok I'm rooted so do I have to do anything particular or select a specific setting in order to make this happen, or do I just do a regular backup and restore and it'll auto correct the market?