[App] Psykdup Extras ***New Features*** (05/25/2011)

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
All credit goes to psykdup over at XDA for his continued work on this and COMM ROM...

Orig link: [App] Psykdup Extras ***New Features*** (05/25/2011) - xda-developers

icon1.gif
[App] Psykdup Extras ***New Features*** (05/25/2011)
NHTwQQ7
DKT8bIq

This is a simple settings app which has been integrated into TSMParts. It currently offers the following features: (1) the ability to show or hide adb (debugging) notification; (2) the option to enable or disable the media scanner for faster boot time, etc; (3) manage cwm (reboot recovery, backup/restore, delete backups, and flash packages) from within the app.

Requirements

- Rooted, EC01/ED01, TeamSbrissenMod Froyo based framework (all of the most recent tw based roms are using TSM frameworks).

- CWM 3.0+ (there is no support for older versions of CWM). The backup/restore portion of the app will only work with CWM 3.0.x

- There is a script that is flashed into /system/bin that requires read+write+execute permissions to function correctly. If you are going to include this in your rom/theme/whatever, you need to make sure your updater.script has something like this...

Code:
set_perm(0, 2000, 0755, 0755, "/system/bin/psykdup");

Instruction

- Download zip, place on sdcard, flash in recovery. Very simple.

Credits

- This relies heavily on a script created by nitr8 for the i9000 to disable/enable media scanner. It only required slight modification to work with our device. Big thanks to him for doing most of the work.

- Koush for CWM. My classes simply invoke classes he created to allow for backup/restore/recovery funtionality. CWM is truly a work of genius and is something we should all be thankful for.

- TSM (specifically Sbrissen) ... others I have not mentioned....

Download

http://db.tt/KYTig6k