[THEME] [APP] MMS (Messaging app) Inverted and ready for Prime Time

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ahh yes.. you were talking to me about the same placeholder issue with contacts... the word "placeholder" is what made my brain say hmmm

therock

Reaction score
http://designer-droid.com/click/click.php?id=21

And, I remember you..lol whats your Rootz name?

I just loaded your mms. Nice. Nicer than the one I was using by santacruzdz. On his when I hit the pics or place holders and then selected the people icon next to the name, the contact came up a horrible white w/white font. Ugh! Yours remains inverted. YES!:hail: I have inverted contacts running but santacruzdz's mms reversed it. Weird.

As far as the green line on the left, I have seen this exact thing many different developers versions of inverted mms. You can make a bunch of your co-shorts happy if you solve that one. I used to write gui and it reminds me of being off the position by just a tic. Try moving or repositioning it a CH to and fro? I suspect it's an alignment issue.

Now for the nit-pick. In a thread if I hit the pic/place holder the window that opens has a white & gray background.The phone numbers font color is also wrong. Invert! Invert! :)

Next, now hit the people icon next to the contact name, a FLASH screen goes off just before the contact screen! Kill, Kill!

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OK, I clicked on the image and I see the white placeholder, now huge and then theres the persons name on a black translucent background bar with white font and over on the right a little person icon.. below that is a white box with blue 45 degree ish blue lines and a blue phone image on the left... below that are black boxes with white font for the different available numbers for that person while on the right sode of it is a dark grey icon for texting.

As for part 2, if you mean click on that little person image where the translucent background with the persons name is from inside the above, it blue flickers and then you end up in the contacts app. That what you talking about?

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Im also fairly certain that the first part also switched to contacts for that screen. Reason I think this without really looking into it... no more white placeholder images in the mms and that phone image on the white line. Why would you have a call button in a texting app? Just a thought.

therock

Reaction score
OK, I clicked on the image and I see the white placeholder, now huge and then there's the persons name on a black translucent background bar with white font and over on the right a little person icon. Below that is a white box with blue 45 degree ish blue lines and a blue phone image on the left... below that are black boxes with white font for the different available numbers for that person while on dark grey icon for texting.As for part 2, if you mean click on that little person image where the translucent background with the persons name is from inside the above, it blue flickers and then you end up in the contacts app. That what you talking about?

I may be pointing a bad finger here..........:blink:

Below are my shots. It looks like the issues I stated are to do with the Contacs.apk I'm using, not your mms.apk eh?
And if I read you correctly you may be using a different contacks.apk than I am eh? My (the one I use) contacts.apk has small & large darkened placeholders. It never displays a white one.

What I see across the board with all the mms & contacts apks I have been experimenting with is the editing and display windows having the white font in bad places and the editing cursor hard to see or not visible at all.
Not to leave out the non inverted white boxes.

Screenshot_2012-01-17-11-30-22.pngScreenshot_2012-01-17-11-31-31.png

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ok i think yes thats your contacts app cause mine does not look like that... i have the black menus on my contacts app. My placeholders, however, are stoc, which, are whiter.

chris420o

Reaction score
any chance of making an inverted with red highlights instead of ics blue...i got a red theme going that i love but it has a white mms which i cant really stand and i loved your inverted i had before but i cant flash bc of the blue highlights wont look right...i know anal but im sure its just a few images to change like the lines on top and around the text field but i dont know how to edit myself bah lol would lovee an inverted red